- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- 100 g chicken breast, boneless (or more)
- 1 small white onion – cut into chunks
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 chicken broth cube OR 2 tbsp chicken powder
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp salt ONLY if you are not using chicken broth cube or powder
- 100g thin egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1-2 stalk spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp toasted or dried garlic
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage or brussels sprout
- 3 hard-boiled egg
- If using broth cubes or chicken powder: The easiest and balanced way to season this soup is to use chicken cubes or chicken powder soup. You can buy both at any asian grocery. You can also get the chicken powder soup in the bulk section of the grocery. They are already perfectly seasoned and all you have to do is to add it to the broth. If you are using any of these two, you may not even need other seasoning in the recipe, so adjust as needed. The seasoning required depends on how salty and seasoned the soup powder or cubes you are using.
- if NOT using broth cubes or chicken powder: Season soup with salt and pepper. It is also recommended to use 100% chicken broth for better flavor.
- Cook egg noodles as per package instructions. Set aside while you make the chicken broth.
- Using a deep pot, bring chicken broth or water to a boil.
- Add chicken breasts, onion, chicken broth cube or powder then cover and simmer until meat is cooked for about 20-30 minutes. Lower heat to low just to keep the broth hot but not boiling. Taste and add more broth cubes or powder as needed.
- Remove the chicken breasts and slice as thin as possible.
- Divide the cooked noodles into 4 large bowls. To each bowl, add chicken broth, chicken meat, chopped lettuce/cabbage, carrot strips, boiled egg, spring onions, and toasted garlic.
Enjoy and keep warm people! If you like this recipe, kindly click on the “Like” and “Share” buttons below. You can also leave me a comment, I would like to hear what you think of this recipe. Thanks!
Checkout my other soup recipes and keep yourself warm ♥