Here’s a one pan recipe that you can make in less than 1 hour, yes that fast. I love seafood, the likes of shrimp, prawn, crabs and mussels but shrimp is the one that I often buy. Aside from it taste great, it’s easier to cook and it’s versatile and can be cook in so many ways even for ordinary days. This recipe is so easy to make, if you don’t have much time and you are looking for a dish to cook, try this one.
The ingredients look a lot, but if you take out the spices and oil there’s really only 5 ingredients here. Shrimp, cheese, milk, spinach and sun-dried tomato. You can even reduce it to 3 if you don’t like to use spinach and sun-dried tomato.
You will start by marinating the shrimp with spices. I left the tail on just for photo purposes. It look better on photo but you can remove it, I find it easier to eat without the tail. Once that’s done, cook the shrimp until it’s no longer translucent and transfer in a bowl. The next thing is to extract the flavor of the sun-dried tomato by stir frying it, then the milk will go in to the pan. You can use full fat milk, half and half, regular milk or cream. I used half and half for this recipe. Be aware that if you decide to use non dairy milk like Almond milk, the sauce will be on the lighter side. If you like a thick sauce, mix cornstarch to the milk before pouring it. Milk is in, next it’s veggies time. Add spinach, cover and simmer until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with seasonings, then add the cheese and cover and simmer for another 1 minute. That’s it, done! You’re one pan Creamy Tuscan Shrimp is ready to serve.
This Tuscan Shrimp with sun-dried Tomato and Spinach is one dish that you should definitely try. Why so? Let me count the reasons:
- It’s a very versatile dish that could go with pasta, rice or bread. For me, a dish that I could eat with staple items in my kitchen is a must have recipe.
- It’s loaded with shrimp! If you are a shrimp lover, then you understand why I’m so excited about this dish. This dish is all about the shrimp, not one r two but plenty of shrimp, and they are the big ones too. I like seafood dish that really have plenty of seafood, and this is that kind of dish. That’s the best thing in making homemade dishes, you get to put more real fresh ingredients in your dish. You get to spoil yourself, after all it’s your dish.
- It’s creamy, and the creamy spicy salty taste perfectly works well with the shrimp.
- Garlic Butter! You can never go wrong with Shrimp and garlic butter together, they were made for each other.
- It got veggie too, spinach and sun-dried tomato! I like how the spinach blends well when cooked in a creamy sauce like this the sun-dried tomato also gave a nice flavor to the dish.
- It’s super easy to prepare, ready in less than 1 hour! How great is that?
- Last but not the least, and the most important reason, it taste great! It’s delicious, it’s creamy, it got a nice heat and fresh taste from the spices.
It’s so good, serve it while it’s hot so you get to appreciate it better. I added a lot of peppers because I like to spicy specially for seafood dishes. Feel free to reduce the seasoning and adjust to your preference. Let’s get started!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 pound (500g) shrimp (or prawns), tails on or off
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 50g jarred sun-dried tomato strips in oil, drained(reserve 1 teaspoon of the jarred oil for cooking)
- 1 cup half and half or full cream or full fat milk
- 1 1/4 tsp salt (I used fine salt)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs – optional
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp cornstarch – optional
- Marinate the shrimp with salt and peppers. You don’t have to be exact with the salt and pepper, just sprinkle about 1/8 tsp (or less).
In a heated pan, melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant, about 1 minute (dont toast the garlic). Add in the shrimp until just cooked through and no longer translucent. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Using the same pan, add the onion and stir fry until no longer translucent. Add 1 tsp of the reserved sun-dried tomato oil then add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the half and half and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sugar, chili flakes and italian herbs.
Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
For a thicker sauce, add cornstarch to the milk.
Add the shrimp back into the pan; sprinkle with the herbs and parsley, and stir through.
- Give the last taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Thank You for visiting my website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I like getting feedback from you.
Serve it and Enjoy it
I normally serve this with as a mix-in with pasta or with steamed white rice. They’re both great, I cannot even decided which one I like best. When serving it with pasta, cook the pasta aldente then mix the pasta with the Tuscan Shrimp. Toss until pasta is fully coated with sauce. Serve while still hot. If serving for later, make sure to cover the pasta so that it doesn’t get dry and hard. But I strongly suggest to mix it in when you are ready to serve it.