Hello there! I am back again for my Easter treats ideas. This week, I am going to give you another treat that you can make for Easter, this one will totally make the kids crazy, and adults too. Best of all, they don’t really require much work, and they can be made in-advance. Few weeks ago, I shared my adorable Easter M&M Cookie that same cookie is that one that I used to make this ice cream sandwich. The texture of that cookie is the perfect texture to use for ice cream sandwich.
I know it is still spring but as I always say, ice cream is my all time favorite dessert. It doesn’t matter if it’s winter, spring, summer or fall. Having said this, we are having ice cream today, homemade or store-bought, it’s up to you.
This ice cream sandwich … oh so good! Not to mention adorably cute. I cannot helped myself but to stare and admire them, but in the end, I ended up showing no mercy to delicious treats.
This is a small batch for 2-3 people, I know it is not enough as I can finish this all by myself. Don’t worry because I have a big batch Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, you can use that one and replace chocolate chips with M&M Easter candy. This way, everybody will get their share, so everybody is happy. Let’s get started!
- Easter M&M Cookies
- 6 small scoops ice cream of your choice
Note: For big batch, you can use my Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies and replace chocolate chips with M&M Easter candy. This will probably make more than 12 pieces depending on the size. I suggest you make it mini, especially if you are making it for kids.
- Prepare Easter M&M Cookies. This can be made ahead of time, store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Arrange the cookies and match cookies according to size. If you use a scooper to make the cookies, then they should have similar sizes.
- Scoop ice cream in the middle, flatten and spread it out to cover the entire cookie. I find it easier to use a slightly soft ice cream, this made the spreading easily without breaking the cookie.
- Cover with another cookie and slightly press down together. Be careful when you do this, do not press too hard as you might break the cookie.
- Store in the freezer for 2 hours to allow the ice cream to harden again, overnight in the freezer is recommended.
Good to know:
- You can use regular chocolate chip cookie, but I suggest you use a cake like texture cookie and not the thin and crispy. The cookie will harden when you store it in the freezer, and the cake like texture absorbs the moisture of the ice cream thus making the ice cream sandwich texture softer and easier to bite. I am thinking soft and chewy cookie could work too, although this kind of cookie tends be thinner and flatter.
Other Easter Treat Ideas
If cookie is not your kind of treat to make, check out these 3 other Easter treats I have in my website. They are as easy and simple as this cookie, and they taste great too. Click on the title of each treats and you will be directed to the recipe. Enjoy!
I should not play favorite, but Easter Chocolate Bark is my top favorite Easter treat to make. It’s literally a bark of chocolate, melted and sprinkled with crushed Easter M&M peanuts. They were gone so fast! You can also top it with other Easter themed candies and chocolates, play around with it and have fun.
Looking for a last-minute treat to make? This Easter Fudge Brownie is the answer to that. Who doesn’t like brownies anyway? It’s soft and has a cake like texture with slightly fudgy center.
How about a soft and nice Easter bread in the morning? Sounds good? Then check out this Italian Easter Bread recipe and make it now. I know it’s huge, but you can divide it into small portion to make it individual serving, but definitely if you have time, make it. It is not a quick as the other Easter treat I have here (I’m breaking my quick and easy rule just for this one).
You can never have too much brownie option for Easter so here is another one to try. It’s the same easy and simple brownie with a cake like and fudge like texture.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥