Featured Video: Strawberry Streusel Yogurt Muffin
This Strawberry Streusel Yogurt Muffin is one easy delicious muffin. It has a nice, fluffy and soft texture with nice sweet streusel toppings. Check out the video on how to make it
I’m crazy over muffins, and you can probably tell that by now since I had been making muffin post like there is no other day. One thing I really love about muffin is that it is pretty much easy to make, it doesn’t require too many complicated ingredients and they are a great grab and go breakfast or snack option. I have quite a lot of muffin recipe in my website and everyone of them have a special place in my heart. I love them all in different ways and so it’s really difficult to choose which one is my favorite. Sometimes it depends on the season, like for example during summer I go crazy over fruit flavored muffins like Blueberry Muffins or Strawberry Muffins, summer only last for few months (about 3 months) in Vancouver and so is the abundance of sweet fresh fruits.
For my non seasonal muffins, chocolate flavored muffins are what I call my all around muffins. It doesn’t matter if it’s Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, I make them whenever I want to, just like this Chocolate Banana Sponge Muffin. This muffin is hands-down delicious! It’s soft, and really moist but not too dense and heavy. Every bite literally melts in my mouth especially when it’s fresh out from the oven, oh dear! That spells trouble for me as I cannot control myself around them. Oh well, they are my simple pleasure in life so I don’t mind eating 2 in one seating, I’m that bad when it comes to this muffin. I hope you can taste it with me, but since that is not possible I guess you will have to give this muffin a chance, please? And let me know when you do because I really love hearing feedback from you. So, let me show you how I made this. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola, vegetable, or corn oil
- 3/4 cup (165 grams) light brow sugar
- 1 large egg – room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder – sifted to remove lumps
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Arrange muffin/cupcake liners in muffin/cupcake pan.
- Mash Banana: In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas with the baking soda and yogurt. Allow to sit while you prepare the rest of the batter. The mixture will start to bubble, that’s fine.
- Wet Ingredients: Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, egg or egg whites, and vanilla.
- Dry Ingredients: In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- Mashed Banana + Wet Ingredients: Combine the mashed banana mixture with wet ingredients mixture.
- Add flour: Add flour to the banana and wet ingredients mixture. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips, reserve the 1/4 cup for toppings. Stir just until all the ingredients are moistened.
- Divide Batter: Pour into the prepared muffin pan and smooth the top. Fill liner up to 3/4 full to attain the muffin top trademark. Sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips. This rises quite good, so you can expect a tall muffin.
- Large muffin. Bake about 30 – 35 minutes, or until the center is firm to the touch.
- Medium muffin. Bake 18 – 20 minutes , or until the center is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Makes 12 or more (depending on the muffin size).
Looking for other muffin ideas? I have more in my website, you can start with these 3 here.
- Blueberry Yogurt Muffin
- White Chocolate Banana Muffin
- Strawberry Streusel Muffin
- Carrot & Raisins Streusel Muffin
Thank You for visiting my website. If you like this recipe, kindly click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment, I love getting feedback from you♥
Featured Video – Double Chocolate Banana Bread