Simplify your life with this simple side dish. It’s not as if planning a meal is difficult enough, why would you want to complicate it with complicated dishes? There are times when occasion calls for a fancy table arrangement, fancy meals with elaborate preparations and then there are times when all we need is a simple roasted fresh side dish. This miniature cabbage like veggie captured my attention when I saw it in the grocery. There’s nothing fancy about this vegetable but it made my tummy so happy so so decided to add it in the lot of my favorite new-found vegetables. I find it beautiful especially when nicely roasted and charred, for some reason I find it appealing and inviting, however crazy and insane it may sound to other people.
The preparation is very simple. It’s almost the same as when I did my Grilled Skewers Brussels Sprout. Wash, dry, microwave, season and roast or bake. Just like that and you have a simple and flavorful side dish. Leftover is not even a problem, but even if you made too much and have leftover, it’s still not a problem. Toss it in a salad, and you just made your next meal ready, now how easy is that? Let’s get started!
1 lb Brussels Sprouts – cut into half
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 – 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 – 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spices: In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Brussels Sprouts: Wash and cut Brussels sprouts into half. Transfer the Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl then sprinkle the mixed spices. Toss to coat. Spread in a baking sheet making sure not to over crowd the pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes and then flip the other side of the Brussels sprouts. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Return to the oven and roast for an additional 10 minutes, or until the sprouts are golden brown and charred but not burnt.
My Other Videos:
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts Skewers
- Meat FREE Monday Dishes: Healthy, One Step at a Time
- Meat Free Monday: Asparagus and Tomato Greek Salad
- Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
- Small Batch Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad
- Meat Free Monday: How to Make Sheet Pan Veggies
- Meat Free Monday: Poached Egg with Asparagus
- Meat Free Monday: The BEST Baked Panko Crusted TofuMeat Free Monday: The BEST Baked Panko Crusted Tofu
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.