This 1 ingredient Strawberry Paste is the BEST option for all natural Strawberry flavoring. It is super easy and simple to make, after all it is just 1 ingredient, how hard could that be. 1 Ingredient, 2 steps that is all to it. It’s thick, its REAL and can be used for flavoring cake, cupcake, frosting and smoothie. You will never go back to artificial flavoring once you try this. Watch how I made this, its super easy.
One thing I really try to avoid is using artificial flavoring and food coloring. If there is a way to go natural, that would be my first choice. One of the thing I struggle before is finding a natural Strawberry flavoring. I know that there are dehydrated Strawberry, but for some reason I cannot find it here in Canada (at least in the store where I shop). Buying it online is an option but it I never took that option. I cannot make a powdered or dehydrated Strawberry at home, so instead of making a Strawberry Paste instead. This came about when I was making a Strawberry Buttercream Frosting. I wouldn’t say this is my original idea because it seems there are people who are already doing this. I maybe late in the game, but hey its better late than never. I started making small batch just for my buttercream frosting and when I ended up with small leftover, I started to think where to use it. Well, the cakes and cupcakes where the first thing that came to my mind, then just today I used it to make my Overnight Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie. Guys you have to watch out for that, I’m posting the recipe real soon and I promise you, you will love it.
How To Make Strawberry Paste
You will not believe how easy it is to make this Strawberry Paste. With only 1 ingredients, the only thing you need to do is 1.) Puree the Strawberry using a blended. If you do not have blender, you can use a potato masher or a fork. 2.) Cook the Strawberry. Just these two steps, its almost like making a jam but without any sugar added. The more ripe the Strawberry, the more juice it will have so the cooking time to reduce it could vary. Mine took about 35 – 40 minutes.
How to Use Strawberry Paste
You might be wondering where you could use this Strawberry paste. I used this recipe originally for my Strawberry Buttercream Frosting which happens to be one of the most visited recipe in my website. After that, I found myself using this Strawberry paste whenever I want to flavor something with Strawberry without having to make the consistency to runny. Here are what I used this for
- Frosting – This is the BEST option for flavoring when making Strawberry Frosting. Because it has been reduced, the frosting will not be collapse and will turn into a liquid mess. Plus, its a REAL Strawberry flavor, so you get to skip the artificial flavoring which nobody likes anyway. More than the nice pink color, this Strawberry Paste gave the real taste of Strawberry which makes your frosting oh so finger licking delicious. Trust me, with this in your frosting, people will not scrape the frosting out from your cakes.
- Cakes & Cupcake – If you are looking for a fantastic way to make Strawberry Cake using real Strawberry, this is your BEST option. Real, no artificial coloring, simple and easy and it will really make the cake a real Strawberry Cake. Forget about the food coloring with no flavor at all and switch to this Strawberry Paste.
- Oatmeal Smoothie – If you are new to the concept of oatmeal smoothie, it is basically an overnight oatmeal that has been blended to have a smooth smoothie like consistency. This Strawberry Paste is the great for this purpose because 1.) It’s pure and reduced so you get more intense Strawberry flavor 2.) This will not make the smoothie too runny, so you will get a real strong Strawberry taste and a creamy smooth consistency.
Freeze it up!
Here’s another thing I LOVE about this Strawberry Paste, it freezes really well which means you could still enjoy Strawberry even during Fall or Winter. This freeze well up to 2 months. This is what you do:
- Transfer Strawberry Paste in an ice cube mold (silicone mold makes removal easier)
- Freeze overnight
- Remove from the mold and transfer in container or ziplock bag.
- Return to the freezer
- When ready to use, leave in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. If using for Smoothie, no need to thaw use frozen.
- 1 lb Strawberry
- Puree the Strawberry: Wash and cut the Strawberry into quarters. Transfer in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Reduce the Strawberry: Transfer the pureed Strawberry in a pan, cover and (non-stick pan recommended) cook in medium heat for 20 minutes while stirring from time to time. At this stage some of the water of the Strawberry will have already evaporated but still runny. Lower the heat and cook for another 15 – 20 minutes stirring more often to avoid sticking at the bottom of the pan. Once there is less bubbles popping on the surface, the consistency is thick and when you run a spoon across Strawberry paste do not comeback at the center (it creates a visible line), then you can stop cooking. The cooking time could vary depending on how ripe and juicy the Strawberry. The more water, the longer time it will require to reduce it to a paste consistency.
Makes about 125 ml (mini mason jar size)
My Latest Video
- REAL Raspberry Buttercream Whipped Frosting, A Unique Buttercream Frosting That is Not Too Sweet
- Strawberry Crisp for Two
- Celebrate Summer with 20 Everything Strawberry Dessert and Drinks
- Single Serving Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.