This Homemade Orange Graham Crackers are 100% better than store bought. It has a nice creamy and buttery taste, a unique Orange flavor, its a combination of crunchy and soft biscuit in tiny bite size. Once you pop, you cannot stop.
I’ve never thought of making my own graham cracker at home because this is one of those easy to grab items in the grocery, so why not just grab one and get it over with. Well, I’ve changed my mind and decided to make my own at home. It was like making a shortbread dough where you basically put everything in the food processor and let the processor do the job. Or you can use a stand or hand mixer if that is what you have. The most fun part of making this biscuit, is the cutting and poking of holes on the dough, so much fun seeing slowly how it started to look like a real Graham Biscuit.
I was planning to make my Fruits and Nuts Pistachio Bar which needed graham crackers or digestive biscuits as one of the ingredients. I went to the grocery store almost ready to pick a Graham Cracker biscuit when I remembered I have a recipe in my blog for Graham Biscuit so I decided to make my own instead, and I’m so glad I did. Not only that I get to use it for my Fruits and Nuts Pistachio Bar, bonus is that I got plenty left to snack on. I love how this cookies are in bite size and mini. They are very convenient to carry around in my bag for snack on the go, and they taste really nice. I like the crunch and the creamy taste of this biscuit. Something that I did not find in the store-bought one. I also like the fact that I can make a small batch and have it fresh from the oven, I did not have to stock it up and worry how to finish it. The beauty of small batch recipes, I’m loving it.
I know you might be in doubt if you should give it a go or not, but I encourage you to try it. I was hesitant to do it at first but when I made it, I got convinced that it’s worth making a homemade version. Let me show you how easy it is to make these adorable mini Graham Biscuits.
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut/Palm Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Butter, chilled and diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Water
- 3 tablespoon Molasses (or more Honey)
- Zest of 2 large Orange
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Dry Ingredients: In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flours, sugar, salt, orange zest, cinnamon and baking soda. Pulse a few times to combine. Add the diced butter, and pulse until a coarse meal forms, about 10 -15 1-second pulses.
- Wet Ingredients: Mix honey, water and molasses (or more honey) in a measuring cup with spout. Stream/pour the liquid into the food processor while its running (use the feed tube). The dough will clump together and you should be able to form a ball from it once it come together.
- Cut the Dough: Roll out the dough between two pieces of wax paper. Roll it into 9 x 8 rectangle with slightly less than 1/4″ thick. I used a ruler to mark the dough into a mini squares. Use a fork to poke holes on top of the cookie. Clean the sides by running a knife or a pizza/cookie cutter. The outer cookie will have a slightly small size. Peel the excess uneven sides around the cookie dough.
- Chill the Dough:Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to harden the cookie a bit. Remove from the refrigerator and run a cutter or knife along the line that you marked. use a bench scrapper or spatula to lift and separate the cookie.
- Transfer in Cookie Sheet: Arrange the cookie in the prepared baking sheet, give a little space in between.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, until deeply golden brown on the edges.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for 1 week.
What’s New – Strawberry Jam
Strawberry season is here, so I thought its about time I updated my Homemade Strawberry Jam post. This Strawberry Jam is small batch, homemade and no preservatives added. It is simple, easy and do not require any difficult to find ingredients. Check it out HERE
- [VIDEO] No Bake Pistachio Fruits and Nuts Chocolate Bar
- Mango Shortbread Custard Tart
- Small Batch Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Bread
- Moutabel – Mediterranean Spicy Egg Plant Dip
- The Easiest 1 Ingredient Strawberry Paste for Frosting, Cake & Smoothie (Goodbye Artificial Flavor and Coloring)
- Celebrate Summer with 20 Everything Strawberry Dessert and Drinks
- Coconut and Mango Chia Seed Pudding
- Single Serving Strawberry Banana Smoothie
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA