This Sweet Potato & Avocado Breakfast Bowl is very simple but it is quite filling, not to mention delicious and so easy to prepare. If you cook the sweet potato at night, all you have to do in the morning is to arrange it in a bowl, add egg and other vegetable that you like.
Lately I had been leaning to healthy-ish breakfast bowl, something filling and satisfying so that I don’t have to keep on munching whatever I can reach from my desk it I should say at the back of my desk where me and my office mate have a table dedicated for anything good and bad 🙂 I noticed when I don’t eat proper breakfast, I ended up munching small not so healthy items. One day, I decided to try eating healthier filling breakfast like oatmeal and was surprised with the result. It actually lessen my munching because I feel full even before lunch time. But however I love oatmeal, I cannot leave on oatmeal alone. I need variation so that I don’t get bored eating the same thing. This is where my research ended up, savory breakfast bowl. They are simple and easy to prepare, but most of all they are filling and satisfying.
Today I am sharing with you Sweet Potato & Avocado Breakfast Bowl. Made with roasted sweet potato, fresh ripe avocado, pouch egg, and Quinoa. It’s like a power breakfast bowl, it made me feel full until lunch time. The best part of this, I can easily make a huge batch of roasted sweet potato for the entire weeks meal. I can change the veggie, the way that I cook the egg, I can swap lentils for Quinoa, I can also add roared chickpea. There’s just so many ways to make it, so u don’t really feel that I am eating the same thing over and over again.
What ate the ingredients to make Sweet Potato & Avocado Bowl?
- Sweet Potato – you can roast it, bake it and boil it. Cook the way you like it.
- Avocado – great addition, good source of food fats
- Egg – for protein plus it’s not the same without the egg
- Quinoa – good source of fiber and a low carb option. You can also use couscous, lentil or even cooked oats
- Tzatziki – a drizzle of dressing makes a lot of difference. You can also use hummus or tahini. Tzatziki is yogurt based sauce with cucumber. All good stuff, too yeah.
How do you make Sweet Potato and Avocado Bowl?
This is the good thing about breakfast bowl. There’s really no right or wrong in making it. Your jus basically doing a mix and match here. Start with cooking the Sweet Potato. I like using the oven to do this so that I can make a large batch easily. You can also boil the sweet potato, or cook it on stove top. You can do this a night so that all you have to do in the morning is to assemble in a bowl. Once you have this, divide it in a bowl, this could serve 2-3 people. Add avocado, I like to grill my avocado but you can use it as is. Then add egg. You can have the egg poach ( click HERE how to make a poah egg), fried, scrambled or sunny side up. The choice is yours. Add the cooked quinoa. You can also use couscous or even cooked savory oats. Drizzle with dressing, I used Tzatziki, but a hummus, moutable (egg plant dip) or tahini sauce works great too. I have some interesting hummus recipe in case you need inspiration to make one. I have the links in my featured posts below. That’s it! You’re good to go 🙂 Enjoy your breakfast.
- 2 Large Sweet Potato
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Large Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Tzatziki Dip
- 1/2 cup toasted Quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Bake/Roast the Sweet Potato: Peel and wash the sweet potato. Cut into bite size pieces and transfer in a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with 2 tsp olive oil then add 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes, mixing midway the baking/roasting time (in 15 minutes mark). Return to the oven and continue until tender when prick with a fork.
- Alternatively, you can also fry it using stove top (no need to add more oil). I recommend using non-stick pan for easier cooking. You can also boil the sweet potato whole then cut it into cubes once cooked.
- Cook and Toast the Quinoa: Pour the water in a pan then add 1 tsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Add the quinoa and stir until it settled at the bottom. Cover and bring to a boil for 20 minutes in medium heat. Remove the cover and stir. Bring the heat to low, and cook for another 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes. You should end up with a slightly toasted Quinoa. Set aside.
- Cook the Egg: You can cook the egg anyway you prefer. Poach, fried, sunny side up or scrambled.
- Make the Breakfast Bowl: Transfer the quinoa, sweet potato and sliced avocado in a bowl. Serve with Tzatziki.
- Alternatively, you can also use other vegetables like bell pepper, mushroom, asparagus, edemame seed, cauliflower or anything that appeals to you.
- Cheesy Zucchini Tots
- Caulilower Fritters
- Vegetarian Gyros
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Meat Free Monday: Baked Cauliflower Teriyaki with Teriyaki Sesame Sauce
- Meat Free Monday: Panko Crusted Tofu & Bokchoy Fried Rice Bowl
- Meat Free Monday: Baked Tofu Nuggets
- Meat Free Monday: Teriyaki Tofu Buddha Bowl
- Meat Free Monday: Spicy Tofu Rice Bowl
- Meat Free Monday: Curried Roasted Cauliflower
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SweetNSpicyLiving on Social Media Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Categories: Cooking, Salad, Uncategorized, Vegetarian
Yum!! This bowl contains everything I love
LikeLiked by 1 person