Dinner in 30 minutes with this simple, delicious and easy Shrimp and Zucchini Stir-Fry. Weeknight dinner could not be more easier with this recipe, not only that it is very quick to prepare, it is also a very flexible recipe. Swap Zucchini with carrots, asparagus, broccoli, snow peas, green beans, cabbage or whatever bits and pieces of small vegetables that you have left in your refrigerator, just don’t forget to squeeze in some lemon to brighten up the flavor.
Busy days call for a simple one pan recipe like this one. This recipe is so easy to make and one of my favorite one pan recipe, just like my One Pan Spicy Mexican Quinoa. Although this is a very simple recipe, it is full of flavor and lots of freshness. Don’t under estimate the power of one pan recipe my friend, sometimes simple recipes are the best thing ever.
You can use any of your favorite vegetables , just toss and mix them together. You can eat it with steamed rice, or noodles too. No rice, no noodles? No problem! This is a meal on its own already, sometimes I add mix vegetables and I just eat this on its own. Yummy! Let’s get started!
Interesting Facts About Zucchini
I like doing a little research about some of the ingredients in my recipe. Since this one uses Zucchini as the main vegetable, I thought I’d share with you what I find out about Zucchini. How many of this do you know already?
- Did you know that Zucchini is actually a fruit and not vegetable? Although in a culinary context, the zucchini is treated as a vegetable; it is usually cooked and presented as a savory dish or accompaniment. Botanically, zucchinis are fruits, a type of botanical berry called a “pepo”, being the swollen ovary of the zucchini flower. (Source: wikipedia)
- One zucchini is a “zucchina.” -> It never even crossed my mind
- Zucchinis were first brought to the United States in the 1920s by the Italians -> So Zucchini is an Italian vegetable
- April 25th is National Zucchini Bread Day -> There is such a Zucchini day? I should make a Zucchini post for April 25th!
- The flower of the zucchini plant is edible. Fried squash blossoms are considered a delicacy.
- Mild bitterness in zucchini, like that in related species like cucumbers, may be result from environmental factors such as high temperature, low moisture, low soil nutrients, etc. The bitterness is caused by compounds called cucurbitacins.
- The world’s largest zucchini on record was 69 1/2 inches long, and weighed 65 lbs. Bernard Lavery of Plymouth Devon, UK, grew it. -> Oh lalala, that is going to be a lot of stir-fry Zuchini!
- Nutrients and vitamins found in zucchini can help prevent cancer and heart disease -> true or not, no harm in eating more Zucchini
- A zucchini has more potassium than a banana -> Banana found its match
- The word zucchini comes from ‘zucca’ the Italian word for squash.
- Biggest is NOT best. The most flavorful zucchinis are small- to medium-sized and the darker the skin, the richer the nutrients -> Guys, keep this in mind when buying Zucchini
- Zucchini is the only fruit that starts with Z. (h/t Lylanna) -> Can you think of anything else? I googled and I cannot findd other vegetable that starts with Z. Somebody suggested ‘Zinfandel Grapes’, but then it is basically Grapes, and Zinfandel is just a variety of black grapes.
Source: Mobile Cuisine
- 200g Shrimp (deveine & tail removed)
- 1 medium size Zucchini – cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Butter (can be replaced with Olive Oil)
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro – chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- Marinate the Shrimp: Mix the shrimp marinade in a bowl then add the shrimp. Let sit for 15 minutes. You can also leave this overnight to marinate especially if you are cooking a large batch serving.
- Cook the Shrimp: In a heated pan, add the butter. Move the butter around until fully melted. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, almost browned. Add the shrimp (without the water from the marinade) and cook until no longer translucent. Remove from the pan.
- Add Zucchini: In the same pan, add the chopped onion and diced Zucchini. Cook until Zucchini is cook to your liking. Return the shrimp, add the cilantro and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Serves 1-2 people.
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Looking for Shrimp Inspiration? Check this out!
- [VIDEO] Creamy Potato & Shrimp Chowder
- [VIDEO] Avocado & Shrimp Salsa
- [VIDEO] Grilled Shrimp & Sausage with Vegetables & Quinoa
- I Don’t Mind Getting My Hands Dirty with this Garlic Butter Shrimp
- One Pan Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
- Small Batch Foil Packed Shrimp and Corn
- Spicy Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce
- Dinner Made easy with this One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Vietnamese Shrimp Spring Rolls
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
LikeLiked by 1 person