This Blueberry Pie is not only adorably cute but it’s absolutely delicious. The creamy butter crust, plus the fresh sweet Blueberry filling is a treat inside and out. This pie taste as good as it looks, trust me and easy to make too. Watch the video now.
This short Video shows how to make Homemade Pie Crust as well as the end to end process of making this pie. Let the show begins!
How To Make Blueberry Pie
Make the Pie Crust: I used my Homemade Pie Crust, you can also use a store-bought pie crust. If making one, you can make it ahead of time. Roll the dough and transfer in a pie pan. Freeze until ready to use.
Make the Cut-Out Shape – I used star shaped cookie cutter to cover the top of the pie. This can be made ahead of time as well, the same time you make the pie crust. Arrange in parchment paper and freeze until hard. Transfer in a ziplock bag, put parchment paper in between if you are making a batch.
Make the Blueberry Filling – This is as simple as tossing the Blueberry with sugar and cornstarch. Make this only when you are ready to use it to fill the pie. Having it on stand-bye can make the sugar melt sooner. If you have time, I recommend also adding Blueberry Jam in the mix of the filling, this help produce a thick filling.
Assemble: The day that you are ready to make this, take out the frozen pie crust (already in the pie pan) and fill with fresh blueberry. Cover top with cut-outs (if using any, no need to thaw) or a rolled pie crust to cover the top. Brush with milk or egg wash ( beaten egg + 1 tsp water). Sprinkle with sugar and Bake as per instruction.
- You can make the Blueberry filling a combination of fresh blueberry and Blueberry Sauce. Get the FULL RECIPE of Blueberry Sauce. Combining fresh and cooked blueberry will give a nice texture, also the consistency of the filling will be thicker and less runny. Add a small amount, not too much as not to make it too “jammy”. I would say 1 – 2 tablespoon nothing more.
- Chill the Pie before baking especially if you are making the crust the same day you are baking it. Freezing not only hardens the crust but also prevents shrinking of pie crust during baking. The harder the pie crust, the better.
I’m head over heels in love with this pie, just like I’m head over heels in love with anything with Blueberry. This is why I have so many Blueberry Recipe in my website and I cannot stop making more.
This Blueberry Pie uses my Homemade Pie Recipe, it’s super easy to make, it taste good and best of all, it’s very stable to hold the shape of the pie. The Blueberry filling is a simple 3 ingredients only. Blueberry, sugar and cornstarch, that’s about it. Simple and yet when baked it was bursting with sweet blueberry flavor, it’s so juicy. I like this served with vanilla ice cream on top. You have to try it, it was insane delicious. I seriously cannot stop eating it. The crust is creamy and buttery, the filling is sweet and tangy and of course the ice cream, I should not even justify having ice cream with this pie. For me, it’s the only way to enjoy this pie, with ice cream please. Let me show you how I made this. Let’s get stated!
Pie Crust Dough
- 1 1 /4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted Butter – cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoon ice cold Water
This is a small batch pie crust dough recipe, if you want to make a bigger portion, check my Homemade Flaky Pie Crust recipe
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberry (If using frozen, do not thaw and use as is)
- 2 tablespoon Sugar (Adjust depending on how sweet the blueberry you are using)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Cream or Milk
- 1 teaspoon extra Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Prepare the Pie Crust: (if using homemade). Transfer the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor. Pulse to mix then add th cold butter and pulse until the butter is broekn down into small pieces. Add ice cold water and continue pulsing until it forms into a dough. The dough should be soft and moist. If the dough is still dry, add a little bit more water, about 1/2 – 1 teaspoon but not too much. Remove from the food processor and divide into 2 equal portions. If the dough is too soft to roll, chill in the refrigerator for about 15 – 30 minutes. This can be done 2-3 days a head of time. Have the pie dough ready and store in room temperature at least 30 minutes before using to soften it a bit. This makes it easier to roll. Better yet, roll the pie crust and transfer in a pie pan and freeze already molded. This is what I normally do, saves some time thawing the pie dough.
- Prepare the Filling: Mix blueberry, sugar and cornstarch. Mix just to combine, set aside in the refrigerator. Taste and add more sugar as needed, depending on how sweet the Blueberry.
- Mold the Pie Crust: Roll and flatten the pie crust dough to at least 1-inch larger than the diameter of the pie pan you are using. I used 5-inch pie pan, this makes 6-inch as the size of the pie crust dough. Transfer the pie dough into the pan, press the side and bottom but do NOT pull the dough as it will cause shrinkage during baking. Remove excess dough. Chill in the freezer at least 15 minutes before adding the filling. You can also make this ahead of time, cover and keep it in the freezer until ready to use.
- Transfer Filling: Transfer the filling in the pie pan with the crust, plus the blueberry sauce or jam. (if using). If using Blueberry Sauce, make sure to drain the excess juice, scoop out only the Blueberry to avoid the pie being too wet.
- Cover the top: You can cover the top with rolled pie dough, or you can use cookie cutter to cut-out shapes. I used a star shaped cookie cutter, you can decorate it however you like.
- Sprinkle with Sugar: Brush top with milk or egg wash (1 beaten egg + 1 tsp water) and sprinkle top with granulated sugar.
- Bake: Bake at per-heated oven at 350F for 25 – 30 minutes or until the top turns brown.
- Cool: let cool for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the sauce to thickens.
- Mini Fruit Pie
- Blueberry Jam
- Blueberry Custard Crumble Pie
- Simply Mango Galette
- Strawberry Pie For Two
- Peach Galette
- How to freeze Unbaked Fruit Pie
- [VIDEO] 5 Ingredients Pie Crust Made Easy!
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
fFacebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Baking, Pie, Recipe, Video, Video Recipes
Leave a Reply