Another small batch recipe from me to you. When I started baking, I made it a must have for me to have a for keeps recipe for simple and basic recipe like this. Chocolate is the most common flavor for cakes and cupcakes, but it is also nice to have the second basic which is Vanilla flavored cupcake.
Vanilla flavor is even more flexible than chocolate, at least in terms of frosting, toppings and variations that you can make from it. Although, I have to admit that chocolate flavor is always my favorite and my most used flavor in baking. Just like my Chocolate Cupcakes, this Vanilla Cupcake is also small batch and absolutely amazing! That is the beauty of this recipe, you don’t have to eat the entire 12 pieces, no pressure and you get to enjoy it more.
This Vanilla Cupcake is very creamy and moist, I have to say I was surprised myself when I tried it. Super simple, but delicious. I used my Raspberry Buttercream Frosting to decorate it, not only that it turned out beautiful, it taste great too. This is one of my for keeps recipe and I would like to share it with you. Let’s get started!
- 1/4+ 2tbsp cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
Note: If you do not have yogurt, use 1 whole egg instead of 1 egg yolk.
For Frosting Options:
- Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Mocha Buttercream Whipped Frosting
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Cookies and Cream Buttercream Frosting
- Cappucino Buttercream Frosting
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Whisk together egg yolk, milk, oil, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Spoon into cupcake liners and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Medium size cupcake liners (2 small ice cream scoop): 4 cupcakes , 12-14 minutes
- Large size cupcake liners (3 small ice cream scoop): 3 cupcakes , 14 – 16 minutes
Assembly: You will need the following
- Vanilla Cupcakes – recipe shown above.
- Buttercream Frosting
- Pastry Bag – This is going to hold the frosting/filling.
- Decorating Tip. I used Wilton tip # 230. This tip is specially designed for filling cupcakes. If you do not have one, you can manually create a small hole in the center of the cupcake using measuring spoon , size 1/4. This size is enough to scoop out and create small hole in the center.
- Frosting for decorations.
- Assemble the pastry bag with the decorating tip, then fill the pastry bag with Chocolate Ganache.
- If you don’t have pastry bag and decorating tip, just manually create a small hole in the center of the cupcake. Use a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon, pour filling in the hole, then proceed to step 4.
- If you don’t want to put frosting inside, then proceed to step 4.
- Hold the pastry bag straight and insert it in the center of the cupcake. Push past 3/4 of the cupcake only. DO NOT push beyond the bottom of the cupcake. You want it to be contained inside , not overflowing underneath.
- Squeeze the pastry bag to let the frosting come out. Gently pull it up as you squeeze until you are almost at the top. When you can already see some of the frosting on the top, it’s time to stop.
- Add frosting on top and garnish with fresh fruits.
Makes 4 medium size cupcakes
Thank You for visiting my website, if you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I like getting feedback from you.