My Other Soup Videos:
If you are looking for other soup to make, checkout my Soup Video collection. All the recipes are in my website. Keep yourself warm. Enjoy!
Because some days calls for and easy soup that is ready in 15 minutes, and this is that kind of soup. Quick, easy, light, your perfect company for busy rainy days.
A bowl of hot and Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup is the best soup ever especially for Fall or Winter weather like now. I used to buy canned mushroom soup, until just recently when I started making my own. It only have few ingredients, so how hard could it be? Off I go and went out to get fresh mushrooms and other ingredients, and started making my very own Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup.
I was totally blown away how good it is, nothing beats homemade. The canned mushroom is good, but the homemade is 101% better, plus, no preservatives added and will fresh mushrooms and chunks of shredded chicken. I love eating this on its own, but my new discovery is using this to replace gravy for mashed potato. I pour this on top of my Baked Creamy Cheesy Mashed Potato, oh so good!!! Try it,You will not regret it! Let’s get started!
- 1 cup full fat milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Adjust to your preference) – I’m using a fine salt and homemade chicken broth in my recipe, you might need to increase it if you are using coarse salt.
- 1/4 tsp Pepper (Adjust to your preference)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken ( around 1 medium size chicken breast) – If you don’t like any meat in the soup, you can omit this ingredient
- 1/2 cup sliced white onions
- 4 tbsp butter (2 tbsp for mushroom and Onion, 2 tbsp for making roux)
Note: A Roux is flour and fat cooked together and used to thicken sauces
- In a pot with boiling water, put the chicken breast and cook until chicken is no longer translucent. Around 10 minutes in medium heat. Remove the chicken, let cool.
- Shred the chicken using your hands or fork and set aside the chicken broth for use later.
- In a separate pan, melt in low heat 2 tbsp butter.
- Add onion, mushrooms, salt, pepper and sugar. Sauté for 15 minutes and cover until the water from the mushroom evaporates. You should have something that looks like a caramelized onions with mushroom. Set aside to cool.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of sautéed mushroom and onion for use later. If you do not want any chucks of mushroom in your soup, you can skip this and puree all the Mushroom and Onion mixture.
- Using the pan you used to saute mushroom and onions, add 2 tbsp butter and melt in low heat. Do not wash the pan, you want to use the juices left in the pan, this will give additional flavor.
- Once butter is fully melted, add all-purpose flour and quickly and continuously stir for 1 minute, or until it turns into a paste. You are making a roux to make the mushroom creamy.
- Slowly add milk, 1/4 cup at a time, while continuously whisking. I used wire whisk to do this. Do NOT leave the mixture unattended as it will start to create lumps from cooked flour, continue whisking to maintain smooth consistency.
- Add chicken broth. At this stage, you now have roux.
- Pour 3/4 cup of this mixture in the blender with the cooked mushrooms and onions. Puree the mixture.
- Return the puree mushroom and onion to the roux mixture in step 9.
- Add the shredded chicken.
- Add more seasonings as desired.
- Add 3 tbsp shredded cheese and stir until fully melted and combined
- Let simmer for 10 more minutes or until you get the consistency that you like. If you like it thicker, you need to simmer it longer to reduce it. I like mine in between, not too thick, not too thin. It took about 10 minutes.
- Add the 1/4 cup sauteed Mushroom and Onion that you set aside from step 5, stir to distribute the mushroom. Serve hot and Enjoy!
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like” button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Checkout my other soup recipes and keep yourself warm ♥
- Baked Butternut Squash Soup
- Baked Mushroom Soup
- Chicken Mami (Chicken Noodle Soup)
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan
- Egg Drop Corn Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Mexican Chili
- Minestrone Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder