I am head over heels crazy about this Boston Cream Trifle. Every single layer is sinfully delicious and addictive. The combination of Mousseline Cream , Chocolate Ganache, Banana and Sponge Cake is truly amazing and a perfect combination.
Trifle is dessert made by layering cake, fruits and custard cream. Preparing the custard is the most that you will do, which is not difficult at all, and you can even make it ahead of time. This is so dangerously delicious, but a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
One thing I learned about making Trifle is that you cannot go easy on the custard and cream. If you are worried about calories, this is not your dessert at all. If you want to make a successful trifle, you have to let go and pour the cream and watch it cover the cake and the fruits. The custard and cream are the one that binds the cake together, and is also the one responsible for making the trifle smooth and creamy delicious. So if you are breaking the rules and just want to indulge, treat yourself to this Boston Cream Trifle. You won’t regret it. Let’s get started!
- Boston Cream Cake – I used this for the cake. You can substitute this with any Vanilla flavor cake, store-bought or homemade.
- 2 batch of Mousseline Cream
- 2 batch of Chocolate Ganache
- 3 large Banana – sliced
- Boston Cream Cake. You only need to make the cake, do not assemble it as a whole.
- Make Mousseline Cream. This can be made ahead of time and store in the fridge. Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.
- Make Chocolate Ganache. This can also be made ahead of time, reheat for 10 – 15 seconds before using.
Note: If you do not have time to make the cake from scratch, you can also use a box cake or you can buy plain vanilla cake, angel cake, chiffon cake or butter cake.
Place your mouse on the photo to see the descriptions
- Cut cake into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, put Mousseline Cream as the base layer.
- Scatter cube cakes.
- Scatter sliced banana.
- Spread Chocolate Ganache.
- Repeat steps 1 – 5 until the bowl is full.
- Chill for few hours, much better if overnight so that the cake will time to absorb the Mousseline Cream and Chocolate Ganache.
Serves 5 – 8 people
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥