I’m keeping myself warm and cozy in this snowy day while waiting for the 2016 to end. I have my favorite music playing, while I am having my tea and few sweet treats on the side. Year end is a normal time for me to reflect and think what happened the entire year that is memorable to me. This year, its my blog. I started my blog April 2016, it was only 8 months ago but it feels like I had been doing it for years. There are still so many recipes that I would like to try to share with you, so many ideas I want to start and introduce in my blog. Starting my blog was the best thing that I did this year. I cannot take full credit though because this could not be possible if not because of my friends who encouraged me to do this. I never knew how much I love doing this until I actually started doing it. My blog reflects my passion for a lot of things. My love for food, my passion for food preparation and decoration and most especially, food photography. Making one entry in my blog takes a lot of time, but for me, it’s all worth it.
To tell you the truth, blogging is not an easy thing to do, but if you love doing it, it makes it a lot easier and fun. In case you are wondering what happens behind the scenes, let me share it with you. These are what I have to go through just to create a single blog entry. Let’s get started!
- First thing, I have to decide what I want to make. Do I want to make sweet or savoury? It all depends on my mood and sometimes depends on the occasion too. I have mostly sweet stuff, and quite a few savoury entries. I am hoping to start on my Travel category so that I can share with you places I have visited.
- Recipes, Recipes – Once I know what I want to make, I start doing my research. I read blogs, watch videos and check some food websites to find what I call my inspiration recipes. If the recipe suit my taste and preference, then I make it as is. If it is not, I make modifications such as adjusting the ingredients or making substitutions for some ingredients. Sometimes, I also use my own recipes.
- Let’s shop! – If I am lucky, I would have most of the ingredients already available, but if not, then time to shop for them.
- Let’s get started – This is the fun part when I start baking or cooking. I sometimes do it weekdays after work, or during the weekends.
- Take two? Oh No! – I have my own share of failed recipes, believe me. Baking could be tricky, sometimes even if you follow exactly the instructions, it just doesn’t look like what you expected and hoped it to be. There are a lot of factors that could contribute to this. It’s not just following the ingredients measurement, or recipe instructions, sometimes, it has to do with technique that you get to learn as you progress in your baking. There were times that I had to do it 2 or 3 times to get it to my preference. Bottom line is, I do not post anything in my blog that I haven’t successfully tested.
- Photo Shoot – My favorite part (aside from eating) This could take between 1 – 2 hours, yes, that long. I have to prepare my props and table setting before taking photos. I prefer taking photograph during day time when there is ample natural sunlight. I normally do it by the window or in my patio. On the average, I took between 50 – 100 shots, sometimes more.
- Photo Selection – This is where I have to transfer all the photos to my external hard drive for review. I do initial selection and trim it down to at least 5 for simple recipes. For complex recipes, I used more because I post step by step photos for the instructions. I create separate folder for my selected photos for upload in FB.
- Writing and Rewriting begins – Now, its time to do the writing. Sometimes, this is my bottle neck in the process. I really need to be in the mood to come up with something to say about the recipe. This is why when idea comes into my mind, I immediately write it down. Often times, I do this when I am in the train going to work, or going home from work. I try to keep it short and simple, I think less is better.
- Published! – After few runs and revision, time to hit the Published button. DONE!
- Let’s Share – Once I published the entry, I share it in Pinterest and in FB. These are my 2 main tools for sharing my recipes.
It’s not as simple as 1,2,3. Although it is time-consuming, I wouldn’t want to skip any of these step. Every one of this step is what makes my blog especial to me. At the end of the day, this is what makes me feel accomplished and happy. I am happy to be able to share my creations with you , and most of all, I am happy to share the foods I make with my friends.
2016 is done and gone, but my blog will always hold the sweet and savoury moments of 2016 and the years to come. Thank You for visiting my website and I am hoping to share more recipes with you. Cheers!!
If you like this post, please click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥