I am having so much fun making my Single Serve Molten Lava Mug Cake. This is the best Molten Lava Mug Cake recipe ever! I just cannot have enough of this cake. Today, I am going to give you another fun way to serve it. We are serving it Sundae style! Oh this is so good, believe me. Imagine having a soft, moist and decadent cake at the bottom and creamy delicious ice cream on top with extra toppings of your choice. Sinfully delicious and chocolate overload. Let’s get started!
Few tips for a successful Mug Cake:
- Anything microwaveable will work – Glasses, jars, ceramic ramekins, or even paper cups.
- Do not fill any mug more than half full – The cake will rise as it cooks, and putting more than half full will make it over spill. Make sure to use mug that has big enough room when the cake rises. You might need to experiment on this to get the right mug size for your recipe. Always remember, bigger is better. It helps to have the mug on a small plate before putting it in microwave. This way, if overflow happens, it is easier to cleanup.
- Start with the minimum cook time of your recipe – Cooking time could vary depending on the microwave wattage as well as type, size and shape of mug used. Always start with the minimum time, and microwave in 30 seconds interval. Check the cake by carefully touching the top, it should be firm and springy, not at all doughy but still a little bit moist. Sometimes, the cake will start to pull away from the side of the mug. If it’s not done, keep cooking it in 15-second bursts.
- Sinking happens – Mug cakes often deflate, this is normal. It will rise like a soufflé, and will quickly deflate. Don’t fill it up more than halfway, it won’t help. It will create a mess when it over flow.
- Best eaten the day they are made: One thing I noticed, mug cakes are best eaten the day they are made, or should I say immediately after you made them while they are still soft and moist. Sometimes, as you store it longer, it could get dry. If this happens, reheat it for 10 seconds.
- Ice Cream,/Gelato/Sorbet
- Chocolate Ganache
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Toffee Crunch
- Whipped Cream
- Oreo Crumbs
- Fresh Fruits like Banana or Strawberry
Mug Size: at least 6-inch tall microwavable glass.
- Make Molten Lave Mug Cake. Set aside to cool while you prepare your toppings.
- Add Ice Cream/Gelato/Sorbet on top.
- Add desired toppings.
That’s it! You just made Cake Sundae for yourself, or you can share it if you are feeling generous. Enjoy!
Before you go, please click on the “Like” button below if you like this post, or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥
Categories: Mug Cake