Healthy, simple and easy to make, this is why this is one of my favorite salad recipe. One thing I love about salad is it is very quick to prepare, and it is not strict when it comes to measurement and ingredients. I can mix and match the type of vegetables that I like and I can even replace ingredients that I don’t have. This is one perfect side dish to a meal, I even have this as a meal on its own. I always love asparagus, it has a nutty taste and I can have it steamed, roasted, grilled and even bake. So when you are looking for a simple salad, try this one. It taste really good! Let’s get started!
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus (preferably medium thickness), tough ends trimmed, remaining diced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (10.5 oz) pkg. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Medium size bell pepper
- Hard boiled egg -as many or less as you want
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (scant 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives
- Prepare vinaigrette – Pour vinegar into a jar or bowl, add olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate while you make the salad.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus to boiling water and allow to boil until tender crisp, about 4 – 5 minutes. Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to ice water, let rest about 10 seconds then drain asparagus well. Transfer to a bowl with tomatoes, bell peppers and Kalamata Olives. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss lightly. Sprinkle over half of the feta then plate and top with remaining feta (just so the feta doesn’t brown from tossing with all the dressing) and top sliced hard boiled eggs.
If you like this post, please don’t forget to click on the “Like” button below or Share this post with your friends.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SweetNSpicyLiving on Social Media Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Adapted from: Cooking Classy with my minor modifications
Leave a Reply