I’m glad I was introduced to Hummus. They’re very simple and sometimes simple are good, sometimes even great. They are good source of protein, and if you add veggies in them, you get additional bonus treat of vitamins. I’ve made few variations of them, they all have their own unique taste depending on the variation.
Me being a lover of spicy food, I wouldn’t pass the chance of making this Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus. Although if you had seen all my other hummus variations, they are all spicy in some way. But this one has more zing because I used fresh jalapeno peppers, and added cilantro for a more fresh flavor and to make the heat subtle and enjoyable.
This is as easy as processing everything in a food processor, just like any other hummus. Lets get started!
- 1 can Chick Peas (540ml, 19oz)
- 4 jalapeno pepper – seeds removed
- 2 red chili pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 + 2tbsp cup Water (can be reduced for a thicker consistency)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Olive Oil (can be reduced for a thicker consistency)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 juice of Fresh Lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- Wash and drain chickpeas. Remove the skin for a smoother hummus texture.
- Put all ingredients in the food processor, except water.
- Process until texture becomes smooth, around 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually add water and continue mixing until you get the consistency that you like. You can even remove the water if you want a thick hummus consistency.
- Transfer in container. Scoop several small batch and add tsp olive oil after every scoop, ending with olive oil on top.
- Spicy Morrocan Hummus
- Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
- Bell Pepper Hummus
- Spinach and Feta Hummus
- Avocado Cilantro Hummus
- Moutabel – Mediterranean Spicy Egg Plant Dip
- Classic Chickpea Hummus
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.