This Homemade Garlic Butter is specially dedicated to my very good friend who is thousand miles away from me. It sounds weird dedicating a garlic butter to a friend, right? Not only weird, it’s kind of funny. I’ve made quite a lot of sweet and savory items in my post and of all the items in my blog, I choose garlic butter. Why so?
It’s simple, she want it, she likes it, she’s looking for it, that’s why she’s getting it, “virtually”. I am hoping that someday I will get the chance to make something for them, for real. Last week, my friend asked me what kind of spread she can make for her husband. We exchange few ideas, and finally ended up with garlic butter. She asked me how to make it, and so I thought I’d make it myself and give the recipe to her. This garlic butter recipe is very simple and easy, but best of all its homemade.
I made garlic bread over the weekend, and I used this simple garlic butter. It was fantastic! It reminds me of the garlic bread that I loved so much when I was still in the Philippines, but the garlic bread I made was extra special because I added more cheese in between the slices of baguette when I baked it. Checkout my Garlic Bread post to see how yummy it looks like. Next time you plan a meal that requires garlic bread, try this garlic butter recipe. You will not regret it, promise! Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese – good quality please
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated or very finely minced (increase if you prefer a stronger garlic flavor)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest (optional but recommended)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- pinch of kosher salt
- Combine butter, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, Italian seasoning blend, cracked black pepper, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Mix together with a small rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Set aside.
Good to know:
- Italian Seasoning is a blend of the following herbs: Basil, Rosemary, Oregano, Marjoram, Sage, Thyme and Savory. If you do not have Italian Seasoning but have any of these spices, just get a little portion of whatever of these spices you have and combine them together.
- Salted butter can be replaced with unsalted butter, just add more salt as needed.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like“button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Time to put this recipe into use. I made Homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread using this garlic butter. It was cheesy, crunchy, buttery with just the right amount of garlic flavor. I love it!
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Recipe adapted from: The Chunky Chef