I went to Steveston Farmers Market and I found these sweet blueberries, they are simply irresistible! They are huge, they are fresh, and they are sweet. A really good buy and a good way to support local farmers.
I did not even think twice when I saw these blueberries, my mind immediately went crazy choosing which of my favorite blueberry baked goodies to make. I have Blueberry Crumb Bars, Blueberry Muffins, Mini Blueberry Bundt Cake and Blueberry Custard Cake Crumble Pie. That is how much I love blueberries. I only get enjoy these much blueberries during summer, that means 3 months or 4 months maximum if we are lucky. That is how long summer in Vancouver, Canada last.
So little time, for so many summer treats that I want to make. I still have few months left, so I am making the most of it by making this soft and moist blueberry lemon yogurt bread. I consider this a quick bread, basically because they are easy and quick to make. Perfect for breakfast, snack or even dinner. This bread has a very soft and moist texture, and overflowing with fresh sweet blueberries, and a slight lemon flavor. Let’s get started!
- 3/4 cups flour (set aside 2 tbsp to coat blueberry)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated white sugar (If you prefer it sweeter, add 2 tbsp more of sugar)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flavorless oil
- 3/4 cups (185 grams) fresh blueberries (Can be substituted with frozen blueberries. Do not thaw the blueberries, use it straight from the freezer).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer blueberry in a small bowl and add 2 tbsp flour. Mix gently until all blueberries are coated with flour. This will prevent blueberries from setting at the bottom of the pan as it bake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, eggs, zest, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, whisking to incorporate after each addition. Fold in oil and stir carefully until uniformly combined. Fold in the blueberries and stir until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Stop as soon as blueberries are mix through the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean of bread batter. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Cool the cake completely.
If you like this post, kindly give that “Like“button below a click, or leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SweetNSpicyLiving on Social Media Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Categories: Baking, Breads, Cakes, Recipe, Small Batch Recipes
That looks incredible!
Thanks! Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
LikeLiked by 1 person