Featured Video: Strawberry Streusel Yogurt Muffin
This muffin is soft and moist, a very easy muffin to make with very simple steps and basic ingredients. Check it out.
Do you know that the French Macaroons has a Filipino version? In the Philippines, we call it Coconut Macarons. I first got acquainted with French Macaroons when I moved here in Canada. I was surprised, and my mind refused to accept that it was a Macaroons, because that is not what I have in my mind. I still have the image of our version of Coconut Macarons, the way it looks and the way it taste.
It took a while for me to get used to French Macaroons, but I eventually fell in love with the delicate French cookie. It became a challenged to me, it became an obsession. I did my researched and watched online videos until the day came that I felt that time I was ready to give it a try.
I was able to successfully make it, and it felt so good and I felt very accomplished. I have to admit making a French Macaroons is quite tricky so it was really a proud moment for me when I was able to make it. I made my first macaroons post “Macaroons, a Taste of France“, then it was followed by Chocolate Coated French Macaroons, then I made Chocolate Macaroons. Mission accomplished, time to move on.
Although French Macaroons found a special place in my heart and in my happy tummy, I still longed for Coconut Macarons from time to time, like today. I made my Pina Colada and Almond Coconut Macarons last year and it turned out great. But today, although I was craving for coconut macaroons, I wanted something more of a cake like texture, and the closest that I could think of is cupcake. Yes, I want a macaroon cupcake and so I made one. Let’s get started!
- 2 1/2 tbsp Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Egg – room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp Crushed Pineapple (Squeezed and drained) or Homemade Pineapple Filling
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale in color.
- Add egg, and beat for another minute.
- Stir in condensed milk, and vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and desiccated coconut. Add to egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Portion in a muffin cup and bake for 30-35 minutes or until top turns brown.
Makes 5-6 pieces medium size cupcake
Thank You for visiting my website, if you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I like getting feedback from you.