Featured Video: Strawberry Streusel Yogurt Muffin
This muffin is soft and moist, a very easy muffin to make with very simple steps and basic ingredients. Check it out.
Do you know that the French Macaroons has a Filipino version? In the Philippines, we call it Coconut Macarons. I first got acquainted with French Macaroons when I moved here in Canada. I was surprised, and my mind refused to accept that it was a Macaroons, because that is not what I have in my mind. I still have the image of our version of Coconut Macarons, the way it looks and the way it taste.
It took a while for me to get used to French Macaroons, but I eventually fell in love with the delicate French cookie. It became a challenged to me, it became an obsession. I did my researched and watched online videos until the day came that I felt that time I was ready to give it a try.
I was able to successfully make it, and it felt so good and I felt very accomplished. I have to admit making a French Macaroons is quite tricky so it was really a proud moment for me when I was able to make it. I made my first macaroons post “Macaroons, a Taste of France“, then it was followed by Chocolate Coated French Macaroons, then I made Chocolate Macaroons. Mission accomplished, time to move on.
Although French Macaroons found a special place in my heart and in my happy tummy, I still longed for Coconut Macarons from time to time, like today. I made my Pina Colada and Almond Coconut Macarons last year and it turned out great. But today, although I was craving for coconut macaroons, I wanted something more of a cake like texture, and the closest that I could think of is cupcake. Yes, I want a macaroon cupcake and so I made one. Let’s get started!
- 2 1/2 tbsp Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Egg – room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp Crushed Pineapple (Squeezed and drained) or Homemade Pineapple Filling
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale in color.
- Add egg, and beat for another minute.
- Stir in condensed milk, and vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and desiccated coconut. Add to egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Portion in a muffin cup and bake for 30-35 minutes or until top turns brown.
Makes 5-6 pieces medium size cupcake
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.