Homemade Ice cream and salad are my summer food best friends nowadays. Light, fresh and cool foods are all I can think of to enjoy this hot summer weather. I had been making homemade ice cream and salad lately and I am having a blast! I specially love mash up recipes, you know that kind of thing where you combine recipes and make them into 1? You marry them together so they love happily ever after… In my happy tummy 🙂
Today’s mash up is Boccaccini Salad + Greek Salad + Pasta = Boccaccini Greek Pasta Salad. With this pasta salad, you’ll have the Boccaccini cheese balls, you’ll have the usual greek salad ingredients and any kind of shell pasta. It’s a very nice and filling lunch on its own but I love having it as a side dish with chicken. Let’s get started!
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (I used between 1/4 – 1/2 tsp fine salt, then 1/4 tsp black pepper)
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
Note : You can also use store-bought Balsamic dressing, but I do encourage you to try this one first. It really taste nice with this pasta.
- 1/3 cup Shell Pasta or Penne Pasta
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/3 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1/3 cup Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or black olives – sliced
- 1/4 cup Boccaccini Cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion, rinsed under water to removed harsh bite
- In a jar or small glass, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, basil, oregano, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste (don’t add too much salt because the feta and kalamata olives are pretty salty), set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions listed on package. Drain the water but do not rinse. You want the starch to be retain so that pasta stick to each other. The dressing will break them apart.
- Add all of the salad ingredients, including cooked pasta to a large bowl. Pour dressing over top and toss to evenly coat. Store in refrigerator at least 30 minutes to allow the dressing to penetrate the pasta.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community into healthy eating!♥