Seafood feast at home is a reality with this simple and easy Baked Mussels. Not only that it’s loaded with melting cheese on top, it’s also very tasty so you will not have any leftovers to cleanup. Hands down super delicious.
I’m a seafood lover, I love it so much I can eat seafood all day. Although my top favorite is prawn I also enjoy eating mussels and oysters especially when they are baked or grilled, but never raw. I just cannot stand eating raw shellfish or seafood no matter how good they taste. I like to season my seafood really well and for me that is key to making it tasty and delicious. As you can see below, I used more than just salt in seasoning it, in fact I did not even use salt but instead used a combination of different spices. Ginger helped remove that “fishy” after taste, while the spicy soy sauce help it keep moist and juicy, the salsa gave a nice additional taste and the cheese, I don’t think I have to explain that at all. Cheese makes everything better, just like chocolate.
Every ingredients in this recipe has a purpose, although you could do without salsa and soy sauce, but you wouldn’t get the amazing delicious taste when you used all the ingredients. They are simple ingredients anyway, not hard to find so I encourage you add all of them, and if you dint mind more cheese, then add more cheese. Let me show you how I made it. Let’s get started!
- 1 lb mussels (18 pcs)
- 5 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/4 cup Homemade Tomato and Jalapeno Salsa (or any bottled salsa)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp onion – chopped
- 5 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tsp italian seasoning or basil
- Prepare the Spicy Soy Sauce: mix soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, onion, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp chili flakes. Set aside
- Arrange the Mussels in a pan lined with parchment paper. For each mussel, put 1/4 tsp ginger paste, 1/4 soy sauce, 1/4 tsp salsa and 1 1/2 tbsp grated cheese. Once done, sprinkle top with paprika, garlic powder and Italian seasoning or basil.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Enjoy and serve with remaining soy sauce and salsa and some roasted veggies and turmeric quinoa.
Featured Video: Grilled Shrimp and Sausage with Veggies
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.