Happy Meat Free Monday guys. Today’s dish is a mash-up between an omelette and enchiladas. It’s filling, delicious and stuffed with sautéed Mushroom and Spinach and topped with cheese and Homemade Tomato and Jalapeño Salsa.
Enchiladas, a simple and delicious meal that is wrap with soft tortilla and can be filled with variety of ingredients from meat, vegetables, potatoes, beans, cheese and more.
This is a nice option for brunch whether you are having it at home or if you are looking for something to make for a group. I like how convenient it is to make this and it can even be prepared ahead of time. Just make the filling and wrap them up in tortilla, arrange in a pan, cover and store in the refrigerator and bake them the following day the you need it. I had this stuffed with simple omelette with mushroom am spinach but you don’t have to stick to this. You can stuff it with meat filling like chicken or ground meat and any other veggies that you like. Since I made this for Meat Free Monday, I made it vegetarian.
The process of making this is very simple. First make the filling, you can make it ahead of time and keep it refrigerated until you are ready to assemble it. Then fill each soft tortilla with the filling and roll it into a tube. I always like spreading some salsa or marinara sauce at the bottom and top, this keeps out the tortilla from getting crispy and dry. If you opt not to use any sauce, just make sure to at least cover the tortilla with more cheese to keep it moist. Bake and serve with some salad, toast or fruits on the side. It’s that easy. Let me show you how to make this. Let’s get started!
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup mushroom
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread 1/3 cup of salsa in the baking pan. Set aside while you make the enchiladas.
- Mix egg, cream, salt, pepper, sugar, chili flakes and paprika. Set aside.
- In a heated pan, add olive oil followed by onion and mushroom. Cook until onions and mushroom are soft. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Pour egg mixture and continue stirring to break the egg. Do not leave unattended as you will end up with a Frittata instead. Add parmesan cheese and mix to combine.
- Divide the egg filling into 4 small soft tortilla, then sprinkle top with 2 tbsp cheese. Roll into a log shape then arrange in the prepared baking dish (seam facing down). Spread the remaining 1/3 cup of slasa on top and sprinkle with chopped tomato and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Featured Video: Bananas Foster
Thank You for visiting my website. If you like this post, please click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment.