This salad is far from being boring, not even close! This salad is full of good stuff, as you can see, those nice thinly slice as well seasoned beef steak alone is a good reason for you to make this salad. Normally salad for me is either a starter or a side, something that goes with other dishes. But with this Steak Salad, I’ll be happy and content just eating this, nothing else. In fact I would like that because I can give my full undivided attention to this salad and this salad alone.
The good thing about this salad is that it’s very flexible and customizable. I used my favorite basic salad ingredients which are red and green bell pepper, cherry tomato, tomatillo, kalamata olives, cucumber and romaine lettuce. These are the vegetables I often have in my fridge and so many this Steak Salad was a very easy one for me. It’s more like a spur of the moment kind of salad. You don’t have to stick to these vegetable choice, you absolutely add or remove which one you don’t like.
The main attraction of this salad is of course the steak, without the steak it will be just and ordinary salad. I love adding the steak in this salad made it a meal on its own for me. I’m not a heavy meat-eater, but eating a salad alone without any meat is something that I don’t really appreciate. I feel that there is something missing, it’s just not complete. This is why I love this Steak Salad, I get to enjoy my veggie and meat at the same time. Let’s get started!
- 250g Sirloin Steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup cucumber – diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives – halved
- 1/4 cup cherry tomato – halved
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 tsp balsamic vinaigrette (or more as desired)
Note: This is a very flexible recipe. Ingredients can be adjusted without much impact to the taste. Increase or decrease vegetables as desired.
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Set aside while you make the salad.
- Pan seared the steak: Rub the steak with salt and pepper. In a heated pan, add olive oil and pan seared the steak. Leave the steak cooking for 5 minutes without turning it. Do this to both sides of the steak until you achieved the texture that you like (well done, medium rare etc.). Set aside and allow the meat to rest. Once it is cooled down, slice thinly and set aside.
- Arrange the chopped vegetables in a large plate or bowl and arrange the thinly cut steak on top. Sprinkle top with some salt and pepper and drizzle dressing on top. You can also use any dressing that you like if you do not want to make a dressing.
Featured Video – Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Happy Eating! I hope you like this post. Let me know when you make it, I would love to hear what you think of it.
Leave a Reply