It’s Pizza Time! Let us make our own pizza, its so easy. Watch how I made this.
This homemade pizza dough is so easy to make and it uses only basic ingredients. You can make manually even without stand mixer, or you can make it using a stand mixer if you have one.
Let’s talk about pizza, it’s been on my mind the whole week . I thought if I ignore it will go away, but unfortunately that was not the case. So I am not ignoring it anymore, I am giving in and enjoying it. It’s pizza day!
It never crossed my mind that homemade pizza is something that I will do at home, but now it’s often in my mind especially during weekends. Making homemade pizza is something that I look forward to, this is one of my favorite food that I made at home from scratch that really gave me so much joy whenever I saw it came out of the oven. It gave me a sense of accomplishment just looking at how beautiful it is, the melting and bubbly cheese and the thin browned crust. But most of all, it never failed to make my tummy happy, so I am happy. Truly one of my simple pleasures in life, just like chocolate, cake and ice cream.
Choice of Pesto
I used my Homemade Spinach Pesto but any kind of green pesto will work. You can also use store-bought if you do not have time to make your own pesto. Making pesto at home is so easy, so I encourage you to try making it and you will see that it is 100% better than store-bought. For one reason, it is not as oily as the store-bought and it is 100% fresh so it taste better. By making your own pesto, you can customize it to your preference, like adjusting the sodium level or adding more spice if you are like me who like my pesto spicy.
Making pizza from scratch shouldn’t be complicated, because it’s not. Starting from only 5 simple bread making ingredients and simple process, there’s really no reason for you to be scared of making them at home. I am saying this because I used to be one of those people who thought that homemade pizza is a difficult thing to do. I’m telling you, once you made one, you’ll want to make another one and another one and then maybe you’ll be like me, obsessed with homemade pizza.
Basic Pizza Dough
All you need is a simple, easy basic pizza dough and you will be having a time of your life making homemade pizza. That, I got you covered. My homemade pizza dough recipe is simple and easy to make using only basic ingredients. You can make it manually even without a mixer, or you can make it with a stand mixer. So I encourage you to give it a try.
Create Your Own Pizza Challenge
Making a homemade pizza might seem to be already a challenge to you, but you can make the experience even more fun and creative. From time to time, I make pizza unplanned, just like today. Although it had been on my mind the entire week, I don’t really have a plan on what kind of pizza to make. Most often than not, I ended up with challenging myself to use whatever ingredients I have on hand. This is what I ended up make, Thin Crust Pesto Pizza with goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes and a few sprinkle of mixed spice.
This pizza turned out nicely. The way that it was thin is perfection to me. It’s thin crunchy but not crispy and dry. The Spinach Pesto was a nice touch, more like Mediterranean style with the mixed dry spice.
Homemade Pizza Dough can be made ahead of time. Store in a large covered container and store in the refrigerator up to 3 days. When ready to use, leave at the counter top for about 30 minutes – 1 hour than shape as desired. Bake as per instruction below. I have tips on how to store baked and un-baked pizza dough, check out my [VIDEO] Small Batch Homemade Pizza Dough
- Pizza Dough – I used my easy Homemade Pizza Dough recipe
- 1/2 cup Goat Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Pesto – I used my homemade Spinach Pesto
- 1/3 cup sun-dried Tomato in oil
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
Note: Toppings are flexible. Change or use whatever you prefer.
- Prepare the pizza dough. I used my Homemade Pizza Dough.
- Prepare the Spinach Pesto.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F with the pizza stone inside. It is always best to heat the pan you are going to use before transferring the pizza. This is what will give the pizza a nice crunchy bottom.
- Shape the Pizza Dough: Shape the pizza crust to your desired size and shape. This is a free form pizza, so it doesn’t matter if it is not perfectly round. I made mine thin, around 1/4-inch, adjust to your preference. The thicker the pizza, the longer the grilling time. If you do not have a pizza lifter like me, you can use the back of a cookie sheet, generously flour it and make sure the pizza dough moves when you push it. This will make sliding it to the heated pizza stone or tray easier.
- Mix the Spices: In a small bowl, mix salt, red chili flakes, paprika, dried basil and dried oregano.
- Add the Toppings: Spread pesto sauce on top of pizza dough, followed by goat cheese and sun-dried tomato. Sprinkle top with mix spices.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust brown and cheese melts.
Note: My Homemade Pizza Dough can make 1 large pizza (for 8), or 2 medium size (for 4) or 4 small size (for one or two)
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Grilled Meat Lovers Pizza (Serves 4-6)
- Feta and Tomato Pizza Pie
- Mini Pesto & Sun-Dried Tomato White Cheese Pizza
- [VIDEO] Meat Free Monday: Thin Crust Pesto & Sundried Tomato Pizza
- Grilled Jalapeno and Cheese Pizza (Serves 4)
Related Video: How To Make Pizza Dough From Scratch
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Follow me Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Categories: Cooking, Pizza, Recipe, Video, Video Recipes
Leave a Reply