ThisChickpea and Cauliflower Egg Wrap is pact with healthy ingredients to keep you full and going all morning. Made with chickpea, cauliflower, spinach, avocado and egg.
If you had been following my blog, you must have noticed that I had been posting a lot more healthier option meals and dessert than usual. I’m not totally abandoning my sweet treats, I just thought its a good idea to share more healthy option recipes. This is one of the thing that I want to introduce in my blog this year, and maybe even after this year I’ll be able to continue on doing it. But anyway, as I have mentioned, sweet treats will always be in my posts but it will be improve to use healthier ingredients whenever possible, and from time to time, use of regular ingredients.
Recently, my breakfast had been slowly replaced with either Oatmeal , Chai Pudding or Vegetarian Wrap. Although I am familiar with them (maybe except the Chai, which I just recently discovered), I never make them as often especially for breakfast. Since I started introducing healthier breakfast option, I often make these 3 in rotation. This week, I made this Chickpea and Cauliflower Egg Wrap. This wrap as I mentioned above, was made from chickpea, cauliflower, spinach, avocado, egg and cheese. 6 healthy ingredients, that were delicious and filling. This wrap was creamy, flavorful and I love the slight kick of heat from the spices. The texture was amazing, it has the fresh crunch from Spinach, bits and piece of chunky and fine cauliflower and chickpea, and the smooth creamy taste of avocado. Really, this wrap is all-round. You can have it for breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner serve with some salad or fresh fruits on side.
The main filling of this wrap are Cauliflower and Chickpea, you can have just that. If you are not a lover or Spinach you can replace it with cucumber or green bell pepper. They will give the fresh crunch that you get from Spinach. Avocado, egg and cheese are also optional, you can substitute it with what you like. But I tell you, if you’ll just give these ingredients a chance and put them together, you’ll understand why I love them together in a wrap. Let me show you how I made this. Let’s get stared!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chickpea
- 225g Cauliflower – riced (you can use the already riced cauliflower or simply chop the cauliflower into fine pieces)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 fresh red chili pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup broth or coconut milk
- 4 scrambled egg
- 4 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh Spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 tbsp ranch dressing or any creamy dressing of your choice
- 4 large tortilla
- 1 large Avocado
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a heated pan, add olive oil, garlic and onion. Sauté until onion is no longer translucent. Add chopped cauliflower, chickpea, salt, red chili pepper, sugar and broth. Mix then cover and cook for 10-12 minutes. Add chopped cilantro, to taste and adjust seasoning as desired. If you have a mini chopper, chopped half of the mixture to fine texture but not too mushy or smooth. Return back to the rest of the cauliflower and chickpea mixture. You now have a filling for the wrap. Let’s assemble it.
I like having the combination of chunky pieces and some fine pieces because it gave the tortilla a creamy texture but if you like everything chunky, you can skip the extra step of processing
Make the Wrap:
Spread 1 tbsp mustard on top of each tortilla (or you can drizzle it on top of chickpea mixture instead) then divide the spinach between 4 tortillas. Arrange scrambled egg (1 egg per tortilla) and cauliflower mixture, avocado, cheese and drizzle with ranch dressing (optional). I like a little bit more cayenne pepper but this is totally optional if you do not like it to be spicy. Fold the sides towards the center then tightly roll while holding the side to keep it tight.
Makes 4 pieces
My Latest Video
- Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Asparagus Quiche
- Meat FREE Monday Dishes: Healthy, One Step at a Time
- Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Spinach Omelette Enchiladas
- Meat Free Monday: Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
- Meat Free Monday: Small Batch Vegetarian Mix Beans Chili
- 30 Meat FREE Dishes That Taste Good
- Meat Free Monday: Mixed Vegetable Fajitas
- Parmesan and Garlic Butter Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Cheese Hand Pie
- Meat Free Monday: Avocado and Black Beans Quesedillas
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Your feedback helps me decide what to put on my next baking to do list. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.