I’m standing by the counter writing this post while devouring this Mushroom and Spinach Quesedillas Melt, I cannot leave it for a second let alone sit down to properly eat. Its that good, without and exaggeration. There’s nothing more accurate when describing the food that I am eating while I am at moment of enjoying. It was perfect in every aspect, more than what I hoped it will be. The fantastic flavor, the slight kick of heat, the freshness from the Basil and sweet and salty taste of caramelized mushroom is just absolutely amazing. This is so far the BEST vegetarian Quesedillas I have tried, not that the others are not good, this is just simply above the rest.
This Quesedilla is easy to make, I would say probably about 30 minutes tops, from end to end. You can even make the Mushroom and Spinach filling ahead of time and just keep refrigerated. You can use 2 small tortilla bread or 1 large one like what I did. This is a small batch for 1 or 2, maybe more for one because I almost finished it with 1/8 slice left. So basically it’s for one. I was planning to eat only half, but then I lost control and just kept on eating it.
This is such a flexible recipe, you can double or triple the filling and there’s no risk of any kitchen disaster. I love recipes like this, I don’t even have to measure it and be as exact as possible. Super easy. If you make the bigger batch, adjust the spices to your liking, add spices gradually then taste and adjust until you get it to your liking. Cooking time is only 10 minutes each side, then you will start seeing the cheese starts to ooze and melt. Instead of buying or ordering one, give this a try and I guarantee you will never go back to store-bought Quesedillas. This super fresh, tasty, moist, and most of all, it literally melts in your mouth, that’s on top of the actual melting cheese that ooze when you cut it.
Featured Video: [VIDEO] Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Brie Wellington
Just a friendly suggestion, serve and enjoy it while hot, so that you get to appreciate the freshness of this dish. Oh and don’t skip on the dressing dip, ranch please! it is highly recommended. Give to a try! Let’s get started!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup White onion – sliced thinly
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 1/3 cup Mushroom – sliced thinly
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne or Paprika pepper
- 2 cups fresh Spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh Basil – chopped (optional)2
- 2 large Soft Tortilla
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Ranch dressing or any preferred dressing
- Make the Mushroom and Spinach Filling: In a heated pan, add olive oil, garlic, onion, sugar and mushroom. Saute and leave about 3 minutes without touching it. This will allow nice browning and caramelization. Mix and cook for another 3 minutes, again leave without touching it. You are aiming for a soft and browned onion and mushrooms. Add cayenne or paprika pepper and mix. Add spinach, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted. Remove the cover and remove excess water. Continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Assemble: Transfer the tortilla in a large plate. Spread mayonnaise and mustard on top. Add the mushroom and spinach filling and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle chopped fresh basil. Fold into half and transfer into a large pan. Cook each side for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve: Best eaten right after making it while the cheese is still hot and melting. A dressing is highly suggested. I find that ranch or any creamy dressing works best.
Serve 1 -2
Nutrition Information was calculated without the side salad and extra dressing
- Meat Free Monday: Sautéed Spinach and Mushroom
- Meat Free Monday: Small Batch Feta and Tomato Pizza Pie
- Meat Free Monday: Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
- [VIDEO] Meat Free Monday: Thin Crust Pesto & Sundried Tomato Pizza
- Meat Free Monday: Avocado and Black Beans Quesedillas
- Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Spinach Omelette Enchiladas
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Your feedback helps me decide what to put on my next baking to do list. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.