This Baked Cheesy Garlic Butter Green Beans this simple green beans side dish topped with melting cheese will surely standout in your table. A great side dish but if you feel like it, you can even eat it on its own.
A simple side dish to match any of your meat or poultry entree. It cannot get any cheesier than these, for a side dish I think this is beyond cheesy. I’m always in a lookout for easy prep side dish, few ingredients and less instructions to follow. This side dish is the one. It only have 5 ingredients, not much preparation needed just the trimming of the ends ad tossing the beans in melted butter. And of course, generosity sprinkling of cheese on top. Sounds easy enough?
I love eating vegetables and so every opportunity I get I’ll definitely add a vegetable side dish with my meals, sometimes I even have it as a meal on its own. I don’t recall myself being this in love with vegetables until I moved here in Canada. I ate vegetables back home but not as much as now when I am here in Canada. I don’t even have the idea about Meat Free Monday and now I’m so in to it that I dedicated Monday post for Meat Free Monday. This Garlic Butter Green Beans with Cheese is my new addition to my Meat Free side dish.
This dish can be made with only 2 ingredients if you want to keep it even simpler than it already is. Just beans and cheese will do, but if you want to add more flavor a tablespoon of butter and 1 piece of clove garlic plus salt and pepper will make it even better.
I had it baked just until the cheese melts because I want the beans to still be crunchy, but that’s preference, you can bake it longer as desired. Let me show you how I made this. Let’s get started!
- 300g Green Beans
- 1 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Paprika or Cayenne Pepper
- 150g Mozzarella Cheese (more or less)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Make the Garlic Butter: In a small bowl, add melted butter and minced garlic.
- Prepare the Green Beans: Trim both ends of the green beans. Transfer beans in a large bowl and pour the garlic butter mixture. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and paprika or cayenne pepper. Toss until the beans are coated with melted butter and spices.
- Transfer in a Pan: Transfer in baking pan or cast iron pan. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle some paprika on top.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Serves 2 -3
- 30 Meat FREE Dishes That Taste Good
- Meat Free Monday: Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Meat Free Monday: Bokchoy Fried Rice
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts Skewers
- Parmesan and Garlic Butter Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Meat Free Monday: Vegetarian Lettuce Wrap
- Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- [VIDEO] Small Batch Homemade Potato Gnocchi
- Meat Free Monday: Homemade Potato Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce with Poached Egg and Caramelized Mushroom and Onion
What’s New – Strawberry Jam
Strawberry season is here, so I thought its about time I updated my Homemade Strawberry Jam post. This Strawberry Jam is small batch, homemade and no preservatives added. It is simple, easy and do not require any difficult to find ingredients. Check it out HERE
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.