Summer Favorite Desserts
This Cherry Sauce has a nice sweet and tangy taste that made its flavor standout. It has a subtle sweetness in it, and slight tart taste that balances the sweetness of the sugar. It’s simply delicious.
This Cherry Sauce was not even on my to do list for Summer, but a visit to Dairy Queen (DQ, an ice cream store) made this into my Summer to do list. I’m used to Strawberry or Blueberry Sauce but I was not it o Cheery Sauce at all. In fact, the only time I buy Cherry Filling (not even a sauce) is when I made a cheesecake topped with cherries. But I was completely surprised when I tried it side by side with strawberry. We ordered Strawberry Sundae and Cherry Sundae and although I was leaning more with Strawberry, I ended up loving the Cherry Sundae instead. The taste is 100% better in terms of the level of sweetness and the texture of the fruit. It’s possible that it could be the amount of sweetener added to each, but my guess is that more than that, it’s the fruit itself that makes the difference. Cherry when cook in syrup produces a stronger flavor, not to mention the fruit texture is not as fragile as Strawberry.
This Cherry Sauce has a very subtle sweetness which I love. Syrup, jams and fruit compote has a tendency to be sweet, but the tart flavor of Cherry helped it balance the sweetness of the sauce.
This Cherry Sauce is perfect for pancakes, cheesecakes and cakes and most especially for ice cream and sundaes (my favorite). It’s super delicious you will be spooning every last bit of it. This is a very simple recipe, let me show you how to make it. Let’s get started!
- 450g (1 lb) pitted Cherries
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- Wash the cherries and remove the seed. You can either cut it into half of leave it whole (without the seed). If you don’t have a Cherry seed remover, cut the cherry in half and manually remove the seed. This is what I did. Transfer in a pan then add sugar, lemon juice, salt and cornstarch and mix until combined.
- On low medium heat, Cook for 15 minutes or more if you prefer it thicker. Stir from time to time to avoid sticking at the bottom. It helps if you can use a non-stick.
- Transfer in a jar and let cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.
Makes about almost 500ml (8 servings as ice cream sauce)
What’s New – Shortbread Strawberry Cheese Tart
This Strawberry Shortbread Cheese Tart is absolutely delicious Summer dessert. The crust is a creamy and butter Shortbread Crust filled with thin layer of homemade Strawberry Jam and filled with thick tangy cream cheese filling. This is a great dessert to use fresh Strawberry and a simple way to bring life to your table.
My Latest Video
- Strawberry Sauce
- Apple Pie Filling
- Blueberry Sauce
- Small Batch Homemade Cherry Sauce
- 5 Easy Homemade Pie Filling
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.