This chewy sweet and salty Strawberry Coconut Granola Bar is packed with Strawberry, coconut and nuts and can be made with and without oven. Not only that it is convenient, it is also budget friendly so you can make this as often as you like without breaking your budget.
I had trying to cut back on refined sugar both at home and when eating outside. It is quite challenging especially for someone like me who live for the end of the meal to have a dessert, not to mention snacking. I thought making my own granola is a good start, I’m not saying it is 100% healthy, but it is a lot better than most sweets I usually eat. Here are reasons why you should give homemade granola a chance.
- Cheaper than store bought
- Easy to make – this can be made with or without the oven
- Flexible – feel free to make variations, mix and match ingredients that you like
- Easy to make – you can make this everyday without no fuss, this is mostly just mixing ingredients, you don’t even need a mixer. A simple one bowl recipe
- No preservatives- need I say more
To Bake or NOT To Bake
No oven, not a problem! This granola bar can be made with or without the oven. The only process that differs is the toasting of the oats. Instead of baking the oats, you can either toast the oats on stove top or using a toaster.
NO Bake Method (Stove Top or Toaster)
Although some recipes call for no bake oat dessert, I still find it uncomfortable to eat raw oats, so in this NO bake method we are going to do an alternative way to cook the oats without opening your oven. In this method, we are going to toast the oats on stove top, or even with a toaster. Simply transfer the oats in the pan and toast for about 5 – 8 minutes or until slightly brown, just like that and it is ready to use for making the granola bar
This one requires few minutes of oven time, but still manageable if you do not care opening up your oven. Simply transfer the oats in a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and baked at 350F for 10 minutes, mixing halfway through, , just like that and it is ready to use for making the granola bar
This homemade granola is naturally sweetened mostly by dates and honey. The combination of these 2 sticky ingredients will help bind the oats, strawberry and coconut together. You can definitely add other dried fruits, the likes of cranberry and raisins are always good, dried Mango or apricot are great options too. You can also add other types of nuts. I always like using Almond when making granola, but peanuts are good option too. This is a very simple recipe, so instead of buying granola bars, just make one at home. The variations are endless. From plain, to chocolate coated, to dried fruits loaded, you have so many options to choose from.
- 4 tablespoon Dates paste (1/4 cup dried) – pureed into paste
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Almond – toasted
- 2 tablespoon Pumpkin Seed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup dried Strawberry – chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Dried Strawberry – can be substituted with other dried fruits, like Mango, Apricot, Cranberry or Raisins
- Prepare the Dates and Honey Mixture: Remove the seed from dried dates. Soak or boil the dates in water for about 15 minutes. Transfer in a food processor, add the coconut oil and honey and puree until smooth.
- Toast the Rolled Oats: In a heated pan, toast the oats over medium heat for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Mix the Rolled Oats: In a large bowl, transfer the toasted oats. Add the chopped dried Strawberry, shredded coconut, Almond, pumpkin seed and salt. Mix to combine.
- Dates + Rolled Oats: Pour the dates mixture to the rolled oats mixture. Mix until fully combined.
- Press in a Pan: Press the granola in a 7-inch loaf pan. Press more pumpkin seeds on top.
- Chill: Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow the bar to harden.
Makes 5 pieces
My Latest Video
Click the item to get the full recipe
- NO Bake Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bar
- Marble Chocolate Bar
- Coconut Macaroons
- Amaretti Cookie
- Mini Graham Crackers Biscuit
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Bar
- Coconut Custard Pie
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA