No bake healthy Frozen Yogurt Berries Bark is one of the best thing to cool of the heat of Summer. Made from only 5 ingredients (or less), easy prep and absolutely delicious healthy item to snack on.
Friday Frozen Day ♥♥
With the weather getting warmer and warmer everyday, I think we could all agree that we need something that will cool us off and keep us feeling refresh. Since it is Summer, I am making a seasonal post just for the Summer season and this will happen on Fridays. I am calling it Friday Drinks and Frozen Day 🙂 The post will mostly be about Summer drinks and frozen treats to keep up cool and comfy during the Summer season. If it is not Summer where you are right now, do not worry because you can always go back and search for these recipes whenever Summer arrives in your area or you are just feeling to get chilled. Some of the drinks that I am sharing here can be made any day of the year, i say bring the ice cream out on Winter 🙂
Yogurt … I eat them for breakfast, I add it on my smoothie, I used it for baking, so many ways to use it. To that, I’m adding yogurt for snacking and freezing. Pour it, spread it, top it, freeze it and snap it. Today’s Friday summer treat is all about simply delicious yogurt. I had been wanting to make this frozen yogurt fruit bark since last year. With so many items on my Summer to do list, I never got the chance to make it and before I knew it Summer was over.
So this year, I decided I had to make it and what better way to make it than now. I call it a blessing that we had been having a really nice sunny days lately. If you’ve been to Vancouver, you know that we have a lot of rainy days more than snowy day, and shorter Summer days. So when the weather is this good, I accept it with opens arms and plenty of ice cold drinks and cold treats in hand. This frozen yogurt fruit bark is one of my Summer snacking item that I like grab and pop for hot weather like this. It’s like eating small pieces of popsicles in small pieces, it’s a refreshing treat that’s very convenient to grab from the freezer.
I had been wanting to make this for so long. The heat of the Summer pushed me to finally make it, and I was glad I did. Yogurt and fruits are one of my favorite breakfast item, sometimes even snack. They are easy to make, no recipe needed at all and they’re not that expensive. This Frozen Yogurt Berries Bark is a different take on eating yogurt, maybe not new in the sense that a lot of people had been making this already. New as compared to eating yogurt with fruits which I normally do.
Tips for a successful frozen yogurt bark
- Use a rimmed pan – I find that this simple tip made a huge difference in the final product. using a rimmed baking sheet gave a thicker bark, and it is very important for this recipe because frozen yogurt tend to melt fast. This means a thin bark could be a little messy to eat and will melt easily when taken out of the freezer.
- Sweeten it – I find it better when it is sweetened so that it doesn’t feel like I am eating a frozen chunk of icy treat that do not have any taste. A little honey goes a long way.
- Keep off the heat – These beauties are very sensitive to heat, so handle them carefully and take it out of the freezer only when you are ready to serve. It does melt quite fast.
What If I do not have a rimmed baking sheet?
You can still make it. The next best thing that you can use is a baking pan, square or rectangle works as substitute. Like the pans with aluminum foil or parchment paper just like how you will line a baking sheet or cookie pan when making this.
How do you store Frozen Yogurt Bark?
Yogurt Bark regardless if You make it plain or with fruits and nuts garnishing should be kept in a air right container and stored in the freezer, NOT in the refrigerator. It needs to be kept cold and frozen all the time. I like to keep mine in a freezer container after I had it broken into pieces, this way I can just easily grab one anytime I feel like it. This kind of addicting, so if you have space in the freezer, make a huge batch. But if you don’t, just make small batches at a time, after all it is so easy to make this.
Ingredients To Make Yogurt Bark
- Yogurt – you can use any kind of yogurt. For variations that requires adding fruits and nuts on top, I like using Coconut or Vanilla Yogurt because it’s already flavored and sweetened. For thicker consistency, I like to use Plain Greek Yogurt.
- Fruits – I like using Berries for toppings as they freeze real well
- Nuts – to give nice crunch and texture
- Honey – to add some sweetness
- Shredded Coconut – for texture and flavor
- 1 1/4 cup Yogurt (Greek Yogurt, Vanilla Yogurt or Coconut Yogurt)
- 3 tbsp Honey (can be increased or decreased according to your preference)
- 1/2 cup Blueberry
- 1/3 cup Raspberry (can be substituted with Strawberry)
- 1 tbsp Shredded Coconut
- 1 tbsp Sliced Almond
- Prepare the Pan: Line a rimmed pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, have an allowance of at least 2-inches so the foil is bigger than the pan. I used 99 x99 baking sheet, anything bigger than this pan will give a thin bark. You can also use square or rectangle baking pan if that is what you have.
- Mix Yogurt and Honey or any sweetener you are using. You can also skip the honey but be aware that it will be quite bland without the sweetener.
- Pour the yogurt and honey mixture in the prepared baking sheet. Level the top using a spatula or back of a spoon, or simply move the pan back and forth to even the surface.
- Add the topping: Top with Blueberry, Raspberry, sliced almonds and shredded coconut.
- Freeze up to 4 hour or until totally frozen. I recommend freezing overnight
- Break/Cut – Take the frozen yogurt bark out of the freezer and break or cut with a knife. You can cut it however big or small you like the pieces.
- Serve Takeout from the freezer ONLY when you are ready to serve it. This melts quite quick so it is not advisable to have this outside for a long period of time especially when the weather is hot. I like to just get few pieces from the freezer when I want to eat it.
- You can adjust the measurement of the topping, add more or less fruits and nuts or use other fruits like Strawberry, Kiwi, Grapes.
My Latest Video
- Smooth & Creamy Mango Lassi
- [VIDEO] Sugar Free Strawberry Pineapple Cooler
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Single Serving Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Friday Drink Day – Single Serving Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Friday Drink Day – Raspberry & Dragon Fruit Lemonade
- Summer Kick-off with Mango Creamsicle
- Friday Drink Day – Papaya and Mango Slushie
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW ME Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Categories: Frozen Treats, No Bake, Recipe, Video, Video Recipes
I’ve been wanting to try a frozen yogurt recipe and now i have one. They look delicious. I will try at some point. Thnx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great! let me know when You try it please 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person