Butter makes food taste better. Agree? If you don’t, give this Blueberry Butter Pound Cake a try, and you will be a believer. I rarely make pound cakes because of the large amount of butter and eggs involved, but from time to time I give myself and my friends a treat. This Blueberry Butter Pound Cake is one heavenly Summer cake delight that I call one absolute treat. Not only because there’s a lot of butter involved here, but because it taste absolutely delicious. Thanks to butter again.
Butter plays different role in baking depending on how it was used. It Definitely gives a creamy delicious taste to the bake products, no doubt about that. When creamed with sugar, it makes the cake light. When used frozen cold when making Puff Pastry, Biscuits or Pie, it helps produce a nice tender flaky pastry.
But in fairness, compared to the original concept o pound cake which uses 1 pound of butter, this is not even close to that. 1/2 cup for a 7-inch size loaf pan.
How to Make Blueberry Butter Cake
Cream butter and sugar: Start with a softened butter, this is a MUST in this recipe. Softened butter cream better and it mix well with other ingredients. This is very important in producing a tender light cake crumb. Cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. This means at this stage air has build up in the mixture.
Add the egg one at a time. One a time, repeat that. Adding the egg one at a time allow better mixing and it will avoid curdling.
Now proceed with adding the dry ingredients and gently manually mix. Do not mix fast, do not use the mixer to avoid deflating the air the was build up during the creaming process. Once the mixture is well combined with no more visible raw flour, you can now add the Blueberry.
When using frozen Blueberry, do no thaw. Use it as is, thawing will make the mixture heavy because of the juice that will come out from the Blueberry. The Blueberry will slightly sink in the bottom, that’s expected. This is because Blueberry is heavy, and the long baking time will not help at all from not making it sink. But that’s fine, it will not affect the taste. Nonetheless, coat the Blueberry with small amount of flour.
Gently fold the Blueberry into the batter. Transfer into a parchment lined loaf pan and bake. Allow the cake to cool before slicing.
That’s it! Such an easy recipe.
Can I Use Frozen Blueberry?
Yes. When using frozen Blueberry, do NOT thaw the Blueberry. Use it straight from the freezer. Thawing the Blueberry will make the batter loose as the Blueberry tends to release a lot of moisture when it thaw.
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs – room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Blueberry
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 7-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Wet Ingredients: In a bowl, cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This will take around 5-7 minutes assuming the butter is softened. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the egg one at a time, about 1 minute apart. Continue mixing until the egg is fully incorporated. Add pure vanilla extract and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Coat Blueberry with Flour: Scoop 1 tablespoon of flour and mix it with the Blueberry just to coat.
- Wet Ingredients + Dry Ingredients: Sift the flour, baking powder and salt onto the wet ingredients mixture. Gently fold until no more raw flour visible. Add the Blueberry and gently fold to distribute in the batter
- Bake Pour the batter in a prepared 7-inch loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top begins to brown early, cover the pan with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Cool: Let cool at least 30 minutes before slicing
Makes 1 loaf, 8 slices
- Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread
- Small Batch Jalapeño Cheddar and Parmesan Cornbread
- Ricotta Cheese Pound Loaf
- [VIDEO] Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Strawberry Banana Loaf Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Small Batch Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Bread
- Blueberry Pecan Crumble Banana Bread
- Small Batch Banana Walnut Sponge Bread
- Pina Colada Banana Bread and Muffin (No Alcohol)
- 13 Everything Blueberry Recipes
- Mini Blueberry Bundt Cake
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA