Featured Video: How To Make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Summer is the season for blueberries. Just last few weeks ago, I made Blueberry Custard Cake Crumble Pie, and this week, I decided to made this Mini Blueberry Bundt Cake. I was thinking of a breakfast cake that is loaded with fruits and I thought of this blueberry cake. Yeah, I eat cake for breakfast.
Blueberries and yogurt in a cake, perfect! I have 4 mini bundt pans and I never to get to use them as often as I want to. This is one perfect opportunity to use it. These cakes are minis, and are perfect for sharing, and for freezing. I used fresh blueberries for this cake, although frozen blueberries will work too. But with blueberries being in season, I wouldn’t pass the opportunity of using the fresh ones. Let’s get started!
- 2 tbsp flavorless oil
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy or non dairy will work)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c fresh or frozen blueberries
- Flavorless oil and yogurt can be substituted with 1/4 cup of butter. The 1/4 cup is already for both NOT 1/4 cup each.
- Blueberry can be substituted with same portion of chopped strawberry
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup confectioners/icing sugar
- 1 tsp milk or water
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt – this can be substituted with same amount of powdered sugar. Instead of using 1/4, you will have to use 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- additional blueberries, optional
How to Prepare the Bundt Pan
This is a very important step. Unlike other regular pan, bundt pans has irregular shape and corners. This gives a beautiful shape to the finish product, but when not prepared properly, you will end up ruining your cake. To avoid that, follow this simple step. This process is applicable to any irregular shaped pans (like Madeleine Pan).
- Grease each pan with oil or melted butter.
- Put 1 tsp flour inside the greased bundt pans.
- Cover top with cling wrap or any plastic. I like using cling wrap because they are transparent and I can easily see if which part is not yet fully covered.
- Shake the bundt pan with flour inside, making sure every edge of the pan is covered with flour.
- Remove cling wrap/plastic and tap the bundt pan to remove excess flour. The only remaining flour should be those that stick to the inside of the pan.
- Set aside and start preparing the batter.
Note: Click on the photo to see description
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare the bundt pan as shown in the photo above.
- In a small bowl , manually mix oil, sugar and yogurt. Using a hand-mixer, Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until color turns light.
- Dry + Wet Ingredients: Add the flour and milk in 2 additions , starting with flour and ending with the milk.
- Mix Blueberries: Carefully fold in blueberries, making sure not to smashed the blueberries.
- Pour into three 4-inch bundt or fluted tube pans coated with cooking spray and dusted with flour.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Make the Glaze: In a small bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, milk and plain greek yogurt; drizzle over cakes. Garnish with additional berries if desired.
Makes 4 mini cakes
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.