I once tried Coconut frosting when I made Zucchini Cake and I loved it. I thought of creating a separate blog because I immediately knew I will be re-using it over and over again. This is another version of American Buttercream Frosting with Coconut Flavor. The coconut gives a really good flavor and texture to the Buttercream Frosting. I had used this to fill layers of cake or as main frosting for the cake. This is a small batch, you can double the recipe to yield a bigger batch. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup Icing/Confectioners Sugar (sifted)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
Coconut Buttercream Whipped Frosting : Add 1/4 cup whipped cream to this recipe. Click here for tips on how to whip cream successfully
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter until it becomes fluffy (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add Icing Sugar and mix until it gets a smooth texture (approximately 8-10 minutes)
- Add shredded coconut and continue mixing until fully combined.
- Keep in the fridge and let stand in room temperature before using for a more spreadable consistency.
Good To Know:
- Room temperature butter is very important for this frosting.
- If you store this in the fridge, leave to room temperature before using so that it will be spreadable.
If you like this post, kindly give that “Like”button below a click, or leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share the recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥