I once tried Coconut frosting when I made Zucchini Cake and I loved it. I thought of creating a separate blog because I immediately knew I will be re-using it over and over again. This is another version of American Buttercream Frosting with Coconut Flavor. The coconut gives a really good flavor and texture to the Buttercream Frosting. I had used this to fill layers of cake or as main frosting for the cake. This is a small batch, you can double the recipe to yield a bigger batch. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup Icing/Confectioners Sugar (sifted)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
Coconut Buttercream Whipped Frosting : Add 1/4 cup whipped cream to this recipe. Click here for tips on how to whip cream successfully
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter until it becomes fluffy (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add Icing Sugar and mix until it gets a smooth texture (approximately 8-10 minutes)
- Add shredded coconut and continue mixing until fully combined.
- Keep in the fridge and let stand in room temperature before using for a more spreadable consistency.
Good To Know:
- Room temperature butter is very important for this frosting.
- If you store this in the fridge, leave to room temperature before using so that it will be spreadable.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share the recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥