I love this puff pastry pull apart! Don’t be deceived by its beauty, it’s not difficult to make this at all. You can even make it ahead of time, leave it in the fridge and bake it the following day. I fell in love with this when I first saw it. Why wouldn’t I? Look how pretty this thing looks like. Its not only pretty, it taste so good too.
With Nutella in it, of course it taste good. Then, with a bonus of Dulce De Leche, oh lala! Heaven! I cannot stopped pulling, and pulling and pulling and before I knew it, its history. I love eating this for breakfast or snack, and they are at its best same day they are made. The texture is crispy and crunchy, and the Nutella and Dulce De Leche, it melts in your mouth. It’s good to treat yourself once in a while, or maybe twice is even better.
I will not keep you in suspense, Let’s get started!
- 1/2 pack of Puff Pastry – Click here for Homemade Puff Pastry recipe. You can also use store-bought
- 1 tbsp Nutella – Any flavor will work
- 1 tbsp Dulce De Leche or click here for Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chopped Nuts (Peacans, Walnut or Almond)
- 2 tsp Confectioners Sugar – sifted
- 2 tsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll the first piece of puff pastry and lay it on the piece of parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Cut puff pastry into 3 circles of about 6″ in diameter each.
- Lay the 1st piece and spread Nutella on top.
- Cover with the second piece, and put caramel or dulce de leche on top (or Nutella), pressing it down slightly, pushing out any air bubbles.
- Cover with the last piece. At this step, you should have assembled all the 3 pieces of cut puff pastry.
- Set a small drinking glass in the center of the puff pastry circle and start by cutting the pastry in 4, starting at the edge of the glass and going outward. Then slice each quarter into 2. And then cut each eighth into 3. You should end up with about 8 twists. The larger your circle, the more twist you will have.
- Twist each strip gently, starting at the center and then working your way outward, giving the twist support the entire time, to avoid breakage. I gave each strip about 1 turn. Repeat with the remaining strips. Remove the glass and brush the entire thing with milk and transfer to freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Then bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until evenly golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes then dust with confectioners sugar.
Good to know:
- This is at its best the day they are made, but you can always reheat in the oven for 10-15 minutes a 350F.
- You can freeze this after you assemble it if you are not yet planning to bake it. This way, the dough will not get soggy because of the filling inside.
We are not wasting anything here, for the left over dough, I made them to bite size puff pastry croissant.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking! ♥