My Other Videos:
Checkout my video collection of cookies and other treats that are great for holiday gift giving or for everyday baking. All the recipes can be found in my website. Enjoy!
I got curious when I saw this Graham Cracker recipe. I don’t know why, maybe because I had never thought of making this biscuit before, until this morning. I was planning what to bake for the weekend when I saw a no bake cookie that looks appealing to me. I have all the ingredients, except for graham crackers.
It must be my lucky day because I just found this homemade graham cracker recipe few days ago and it is still seating in my Inbox. Time to make use of it.
I was really surprised how good this homemade Graham Cracker turned out. My initial plan when I made this was to use it for my no bake cookie that I am planning to make. After tasting this, I knew this will be part of my for keeps recipe.
I love the crunchy texture and the creamy and buttery taste of this biscuit. They taste so good and they actually taste better than the store bought graham crackers. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut/Palm Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Butter, chilled and diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Water
- 3 tbsp Molasses (or more Honey)
- Chocolate Dipped: Melt chocolate and dip the crackers. Sprinkle with nuts, shredded coconuts, sprinkles etc.
- Orange: Add zest of 2 large orange
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Dry Ingredients: In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flours, sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Pulse a few times to combine. Add the diced butter, and pulse until a coarse meal forms, about 10 -15 1-second pulses.
- Wet Ingredients: Mix honey, water and molasses (or more honey) in a measuring cup with spout. Stream/pour the liquid into the food processor while its running (use the feed tube). The dough will clump together and you should be able to form a ball from it once it come together.
- Cut the Dough: Roll out the dough between two pieces of wax paper. Roll it into 9 x 8 rectangle with slightly less than 1/4″ thick. Divide the dough into 12 pieces (you can make each piece bigger or smaller). Use a fork to poke holes on top of the cookie. Clean the sides by running a knife or a pizza/cookie cutter. The outer cookie will have a slightly small size. Peel the excess uneven sides around the cookie dough.
- Chill the Dough:Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to harden the cookie a bit. Remove from the refrigerator. Use a bench scrapper or spatula to lift and separate the cookie.
- Transfer in Cookie Sheet: Arrange the cookie in the prepared baking sheet, give a little space in between.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, until deeply golden brown on the edges.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for 1 week.
Store in an airtight container for 1 week.
This cracker can also be cut into different shapes, and dipped into melted chocolates and toasted nuts or coconut.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Leave a Reply