Croissant is one of my favorite pastry. I love them plain, buttered, or with cheese and most of all with chocolate. The flakey layers, the soft and buttery taste is a real treat to me. I love them so much that I started researching how to make it.
Bad news is, real Croissant takes a LOT of time to make. The preparation of the dough involves a lot of kneeding , folding and chilling. It’s a series of steps that requires leaving it overnight to chill, meaning, it’s a 2 days process. I did it once, and I swear I would not do it again. So time consuming for something that I could finish eating in less than 10 minutes. Not to mention, there are supermarket that sells Croissant in bulk . One dozen (12 pcs) for $5! Seriously, when I saw it, I said to myself I will not go through the hazzle of making Croissant again. Once is enough, at least I could say to myself I made it ONCE!
Until just recently, I found a very easy and simple Homemade Puff Pastry recipe. There are a lot of recipes online for Croissant using Puff Pastry and I thought I would like to try it. And so I did. It was great!! I was so happy with how flakey the Homemade Puff Pastry turned out, just perfect for my Mini Chocolate Croissant.
This Mini Chocolate Croissant is so great and so easy to make. I love the flakey and crispy texture and the melting Nutella and Salated Caramel Sauce filling. I am so glad I have this recipe now, I can make it anytime I want to, and I can even play around with what filling to use. You can do the same to! Let’s get started!
- Puff Pastry (Homemade or Store bought) – I have my simple and easy homemade Puff Pastry
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Prepare Puff Pastry. You can make two 11-13 inches rounds using my Homemade Puff Pastry recipe.
- Roll into 11-inch round size. I used a round plate to cut into this size. You can use smaller or bigger plate. The bigger your cut size, the bigger the Croissant.
- You can also cut it into triangle size then cut it in wedges as shown in the photo.
- Divide into 8 equal triangle sizes.
- Spread Nutella, Caramel or any filling you want. Strawberry Jam and cheese will wok too.
- Roll the Puff Pastry starting from the larger end of the triangle moving towards the tip or end of the triangle. Do this for the remaining portion.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Brush top with milk or egg wash ( 1 egg + 1/2 tsp water).
- Sprinkle with chopped walnut.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until the top starts to brown.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥