When I think of Pesto, the first thing that comes to my mind is Pasta, and I think I am not alone in this kind of thinking. Pesto is primarily used for pasta, but there are other ways to use Pesto. That is what I had been doing lately, using my Homemade Spinach Pesto to something else other than Pasta.
One thing I enjoy using my Homemade Spinach Pesto is for my rice. Yes, you heard me right, Rice! They are pretty amazing , super tasty and easy to prepare too. I love flavored rice, they made the meal extra special and also add flavor to the entire dish. Best paired grilled, baked, roasted or even steamed dishes. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp Pesto – Homemade Spinach Pesto or Store-bought
- 2 slices of Salmon
- 1/3 cup sliced Cherry Tomato
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare Homemade Spinach Pesto (Store bought will work too)
- Add 1/4 cup of Pesto to Rice before cooking. Stir to make sure all the pesto is dissolved in the water.
- Cook the rice. Once rice is cooked, transfer in a mixing bowl and start mixing to distribute the Pesto. Some of the Pesto will be on top of the rice.
- Add another 2 tbsp to the cooked rice and mix again to distribute. Set aside.
- Rub Salmon with salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Add oil and butter to heated pan and pan seared the Salmon. Salmon can also be baked, steamed or grilled.
- Remove and serve with pesto rice and top with sliced cherry tomato with a drizzle of lemon balsamic dressing( or any dressing you like).
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community cooking!♥