I love this Dates and Nuts Poppers! They are adorable. Once you pop, you cannot stop! I had been making Dates desert lately, and this is one of the addition that I would like to add to my list. This is basically a 4 ingredients snack bites (excluding the egg wash which is optional) that is easy to make.
One thing I love about this, they are a good grab and go snack bites that I can take with me when I am having a busy day. Just pop it inside a ziplock bag or small container, then off I go.
Aside from being a bite size snack, another thing I love about this bites is the filling is not too overwhelming, unlike when you eat a pie that has a larger creamy filling. This is actually a pie in bit size form. My friends love this, and I love it too. Let’s get started!
- 11-15 medjool dates (1 cup packed), pitted and soaked for 10 minutes, drained.
- 1½ cups nuts (I used all pecans, but a mix of almonds, walnuts, pecans, and/or cashews will all work!)
- 3 tbsp Honey/Maple Syrup or Agave
Pie Crust (Homemade or Store-bought)
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 tsp water
Other Filling Options:
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Prepare Pie Crust
- In a food processor add drained/pitted dates, nuts and honey. Process until dates and nuts have broken down, and only small pieces of nuts can be seen. Mixture should be sticky.
- Dust your work surface with flour and start rolling out the Pie Crust.
- Using a small cutter, cut pie crust dough into small circles. I cut mine into 1-inch diameter.
- Fill the cut dough with 1/2 tsp of pureed dates and nuts.
- Sandwich the 2 pieces and pinch the sides to seal the dough. Do this for the rest of the cut out dough.
- Using your palm, slowly roll the ball into your palm until it is shaped into a ball. Do this for the rest of the sandwich Pie Crust dough.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Mix water and egg. Brush with egg wash. (Optional)
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until the crust turns brown.
Makes 45 – 50 pieces
If you have leftover Dates and Nuts puree, check out my Homemade Dates and Nuts Granola Chocolate Bar, this is another recipe where you can use it.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥