I can go on and on and on telling you how much I love this flourless cupcake, but you will not know how good it is until you actually try it. Flourless baking was a new and fascinating idea to me the first I heard of it. Seriously, cake without flour? If not flour, then what? Good question, that was the same thing that came into my mind.
Flourless baking normally replaces flour as the main ingredient with something starchy like quinoa, black beans, chickpeas or almond meal (powdered almonds). Since I learned about it, I had done some flourless cake and I really love them. My super light and decadent Flourless Almond Torte is one of my favorite. The Chocolate Quinoa Cake was also amazing and a favorite of my friends. I also have the Black Beans Cupcake and now, I am adding this Flourless Chocolate Cupcake made from chickpeas.
It might sound weird, but believe me, its works. This cupcake is moist and it taste good. Now I can enjoy my cupcake guilt free (well, except for the Chocolate Ganache , it’s a must have to me). Let’s get started!
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 + 2tbsp cup honey (or 3/4 granulated white sugar)
- 1/3cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 batch Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place chickpeas, eggs, honey syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and puree in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and no more lumps from chickpeas.
- Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Fill each cups half full. Add chunks of chocolate in the middle. Pour the remaining batter to 3/4 full.
- Top each muffin with about chocolate chunks or chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Adjust baking time as needed if you are using a bigger muffin cups.
- Frost top with Chocolate Ganache Frosting.
Note: Since the cupcake is not too sweet, the Chocolate Ganache Frosting will provide extra sweetness and tons of chocolatey flavor. This is personally a must have for me, you can opt out if you like to have it plain.
If you like this post, kindly give that “Like”button below a click, or leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.