I always wished that I have more time in the morning to sleep more and do things I needed to be done before I leave for work. Lately I’ve been pushing it really close and waking up later than I should, although I still make it on time but sometimes I have to sacrifice breakfast, the most important meal of the day. I leave home without eating anything, not good I know but it happens from to time. So may solution was to think o what to have for breakfast before I go o bed ad prepare it ahead if I can. There are endless make-ahead breakfast option now a days, from omelette casserole, Overnight French Toast, Overnight Oatmeal and more. I like those kind of breakfast too, but sometimes I just want something even more simple and made the same day I want to eat it. That’s where this Poached Egg with Toast and Asparagus comes in. Ever since I tried poach egg on Egg Benedict, it became my favorite way to cook my eggs. It not as simple as scrambled or fried eggs, but it’s really not difficult at all once you get use to it. Besides, it’s homemade, there’s no reason to stress yourself if you don’t get it perfect, but it get better with practice, trust me on that.
Even poached egg can be made ahead of time, and I had mentioned how to do this in my How To Make Poached Egg post,give it a look. It is very handy specially if you are making a lot of poached eggs for group of people, or even if you are just making it for yourself and you want it to be ready in the morning. Once you have it done, all that is left for you to do is to prepare your toast, but how difficult is that? I’ve added some Asparagus and Tomato with Kalamata Olives just to add some veggie, but you can totally do without it. I just find it nice to have some veggie on the side. Let me show you how to make this simple breakfast toast. Let’s get started!
- 2 Poached Eggs (or more as desired) – check recipe post How To Make Poached Egg
- 2 toasted sliced bread
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Assorted veggies or fruits on the side – optional
- Make the poached egg. I have the detailed instruction in my How To Make Poached Eggs, please click on that link.
- Prepare the toast. I used baguette for this one, but a regular slice bread will be great too.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the bread then toast. Remove from the toaster then top it with the poached egg and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste. Serve with veggie or fruits on the side (optional). I used Asparagus and Tomato with Kalamata Olives, but any other vegetable will work.
There you go. A very easy and simple hearty breakfast that you can make in 10 minutes!
Thank You for visiting my website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you. Thanks!