Chocolate Cobbler, Hot Fudge Cake, Chocolate Pudding Cake.. however you want to call it, it boils down to one thing and that is PURE and ultimate chocolate indulgence! From top to bottom to center, every single layer is oozing with chocolate. A base chocolate fudge that melts like a lava, with slight touch of chocolate cake, and a top that is like a cracked gooey brownie. Isn’t it crazy chocolatey?
I had an intense craving for something chocolatey then I thought of this chocolate cobbler. What else can top this in terms of chocolate goodness? Even my Chocolate Lava Cake is not a match with this one. With so much chocolate in every layer, I have no doubt this will fix my chocolate cravings. I was right, this never disappointed my cravings. I was literally solve, happy and more than content with how chocolatey and fudgy this is. I have to say that it was totally insanely chocolate overload. As if this was not enough, I had to add ice cream to go with it. But then that’s that best part of it, ice cream on top and it was pure indulgence.
Trial and Error
This is one recipe that I never gave up trying until I got it right. After several tests and attempt, I finally nailed the perfect ratio between the hot fudge topping and the chocolate cake base. When I first made this, it came out too overwhelming with hot fudge, it was a like a hot fudge dessert with no chocolate cake. Then the second time I made it, I added more flour, I got the cake that I wanted but it came out too dense and compact and there was not enough hot fudge on top Then the third time I tried it, I reduced the all-purpose flour and I thought I was almost there but not quite yet. The cake texture was perfect, it was moist and fudgy and the hot fudge was just the right amount the only problem was that I felt it was too sweet for my taste. And so in my fourth try, I reduced the sugar instead added more cocoa powder and it finally came out the way that I want it. The cake was moist and fudgy, there was perfect amount of hot fudge on top and the sweetness was just right. Oh I was so happy, I enjoyed every single bit of it. I know this is a serving for two, but I actually finished it by myself and I do not regret it. It was so good! It was worth all the test. now you can enjoy it too.
I strongly suggest that you serve this with either ice cream or fresh fruits because of its intense chocolate overload fudgy flavor and texture, it will be too much to eat it on its own. My personal preference is always to have something to go with it, and what better pair than an ice cream. The ice cream will somehow lessen and balance the chocolate fudge and will make it more enjoyable to eat rather than overwhelming. Another option is to add fresh fruits too, berries and bananas worked well for me. This is just my preference, but be creative and find what works best for you. Let’s get started!
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder – sifted to remove lumps
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp melted unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp packed Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder – sifted to remove lumps
- 1/3 cup very Hot Water
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder – optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Dry Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Stir together until a thick batter forms. Pour into a small, un-greased 6-inch dish with high sides.
- Make the Hot Fudge: In a separate bowl, stir sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder together. Use your fingers to mix to make sure there are no lumps in the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle Hot Fudge Mixture: Sprinkle over the top of the batter evenly. Pour hot water all over the top (DO NOT STIR. Be sure to place on a baking sheet in case it bubbles over.
- Bake: 35- 40 minutes or once the middle is set and top is almost dry and starts to crack. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
What’s New – Shortbread Strawberry Cheese Tart
This Strawberry Shortbread Cheese Tart is absolutely delicious Summer dessert. The crust is a creamy and butter Shortbread Crust filled with thin layer of homemade Strawberry Jam and filled with thick tangy cream cheese filling. This is a great dessert to use fresh Strawberry and a simple way to bring life to your table.
My Latest Video
- Pear Almond Crumble For Two
- Strawberry Cobbler for Two
- Peach Cobbler For Two
- Small Batch Peach and Mango Crisp
- Gluten Free & Vegan Blueberry Crisp for Two
- Strawberry Crisp for Two
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.