Simply fresh and filling White Beans and Tomato Salad that is perfect anytime of the year. Great on its own but even better when served with any kind of protein for a more filling meal. This salad uses very basic and simple ingredients, it is budget friendly. One can of beans can go along way with this salad.
Lately, I found myself wanting more salad in my life. Sounds pretty dramatic but that’s exactly how I feel. I had been having salad almost everyday and it feels like my meal is not complete without any vegetable in my plate. I wouldn’t have guessed that I would love vegetable this much. I am not a picky eater, I never eat as much vegetable and as often before, but it is a different story now. Salad is one of the easiest meal prep, most of the time no cooking needed which makes it great specially during Summer when the weather is hot. I still bake during the Summer, but baking that requires high temperature like 400F, I reserve that for early morning baking or during the evening. But salad is so much easier to make and quite filling, not to mention healthier (as long as you don’t go crazy pouting cups of cream based dressing on your salad.) This White Beans and Tomato Salad is quite filling because of the beans, plus it’s a good source of fiber, it is full of freshness too. It is great pair to any protein that you would like to have, a simple delicious meal on budget. You can serve this on its own, or on top of mix greens, you can also mix in some Quinoa to make it more filling. It’s simple, easy and delicious.
What kind of beans can I use to make Beans and Tomato Salad?
I used canned Cannellini Beans for this recipe, but Haricots white beans will work as well. If you want, you can also use mixed beans for a more vibrant and delicious combination. I wanted a quicker faster way to prepare this so I used canned beans, I haven’t tried using dried beans, soaking it and cooking them. That would require few more steps.
Can I make this Beans and Tomato Salad ahead of time?
Yes, You can. In fact, I like making this at least a day ahead, just keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. This salad gets even better when left for few hours or overnight because it gave the salad time to soak in the lemon dressing which intensify the flavor more. I keep this up to 3 days in the refrigerator and it was still good.
- 1 can Cannellini Beans (540ml)
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomato – cut into half
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley – chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh Cilantro – chopped
For the Dressing:
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Honey
- Wash and drain the beans. Add cherry tomato, parsley and cilantro.
- Make the dressing. In a small jar, mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt, paprika and honey. Stir or shake to combine. Pour onto the beans salad and toss to combine.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serves 2 – 3
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts Skewers
- Meat Free Monday: Asparagus and Tomato Greek Salad
- Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
- Small Batch Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad
- Refreshing Cucumber & Tomato Salad
- Meat Free Monday: Garlic Butter & Parmesan Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- Meat Free Monday: Chopsuey (Mixed Vegetables)
- Meat Free Monday: Grilled Chimichurri Vegetable Kebabs
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.