This Crispy Baked Tofu & Avocado Wrap was filled with lettuce, avocado, cheese and crunchy baked tofu that was coated with Panko bread crumbs. It’s great for snack or a full meal served with salad or fruits on the side.
I had been making tortilla wraps quite often than I usually do. They’re so simple to prepare and for me a great option for snack or full meal. Best part of it, most of my tortilla wrap uses very basic ingredients that are easy to find. Sometimes, I even use my leftover meat or veggie to make my wraps.
This crunchy Baked Tofu Wrap was made using my Baked Tofu Nuggets. Normally, when I make it I use it to make different meals. Sometimes I serve it with salad, sometimes I use it to make tofu rice bowl, sometimes I serve it as appetizer and recently, I had been using I quite a lot to fill my tortilla wrap. Isn’t it amazing how many ways you can use it for? I’m really pleased with my Baked Tofu Nuggets and I really hope you’ll give it a try.
How do you make Crispy Baked Tofu?
Very easy! I have a separate posts HERE that discuss step by step how you can make a tofu Nuggets, but just to give you an idea I’ll summarize it here. Making a tofu nuggets is as easy as cutting the tofu into a cube (like Nuggets) then coating it with Panko breadcrumbs with herbs and seasoning. Once that is done, you’ll just have to bake it until crunchy. That’s it!
Where can I use Crispy Baked Tofu?
- for salad
- rice bowl
- as appetizer
- as filling for wrap like this recipe
What are the ingredients to make Tofu Wrap?
- Tofu – use firm tofu for best texture. I had the tofu coated with Panko bread crumbs then had it baked. If you don’t want to bake it, you can coat it on stove top instead. Spray the pan with oil then arrange the tofu. Flip when then crust turns brown
- Dressing – you can use any dressing that you like. Ranch works great for this wrap, or mix of mayonnaise and honey mustard works well too.
- Romaine Lettuce – I like the fresh crunch of romaine lettuce, but you can also substitute it iceberg lettuce
- Cheese – the cheese adds a really nice creamy taste to this wrap. I used sharp cheddar for stronger flavor.
- Avocado – I always put avocado in my wraps, it does makes a lot of difference. It adds creaminess and it is also a good source of good fat
How do you make Tofu Wrap
This beauty of tortilla wrap is its simplicity. You have tons of option in what to fill the tortilla. For this wrap, I choose to fill it with Bake crusted Tofu, romaine lettuce, cheese and avocado. All you have to do is to arrange the filling on the soft tortilla wrap then roll to wrap the tortilla. Make sure to arrange the filling almost the end of the tortilla close to you. This allows room to roll and fully wrap the filling. Roll it once away from you, then fold both sides towards the center then continue rolling. That’s about it. Serve and enjoy 🙂
- 6 pieces Baked Crunchy Tofu Nuggets
- 4 tbsp Mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh Lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 tbsp Ranch Dressing or any creamy dressing of your choice
- 2 Large Soft Tortilla
- 1 Large Avocado
- Make the Baked Crunchy Tofu: Get the full RECIPE HERE. Once you have the tofu baked, slice each piece into 3 pieces so you have 3 thick strips.
- Make the Wrap: Divide the ingredients between two tortilla. Arrange the lettuce, top with sliced tofu and avocado. Drizzle with ranch dressing. Fold the sides towards the center then tightly roll while holding the side to keep it tight.
Makes 2 wraps
My Latest Video
- Meat FREE Monday Dishes: Healthy, One Step at a Time
- Meat Free Monday: White Beans and Tomato Salad
- A Healthy Take on Broccoli Feta Pasta Salad with Tzatziki Dressing
- Meat Free Monday: Go Clean and Green with Green Goddess Crunch Sandwich
- Meat Free Monday: Mediterranean Green Beans and Tomato Salad (Oven and Stove-Top Method)
- Meat Free Monday: Grilled Chimichurri Vegetable Kebabs
- Meat Free Monday: Chickpea and Cauliflower Egg Wrap
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.