Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Boat or Jalapeno Hotdog and Cheese Breakfast Boat, however you call it, this is a boat that you would love to be it. A filling bread boat stuffed with sausage, egg, cheese and jalapeno is one reason to look forward to breakfast. The good news is that, you can have this any time of the day. Have it for lunch or snack, or cut it up into small pieces and serve it as appetizers.
You will think twice to skip breakfast with this fun and interesting recipe. All you need is a french bread or baguette, or any kind of bread with hard shell and a variation of stuffings and toppings that you love to eat. I would like to introduce you to this breakfast boat. Its like pizza for breakfast, but with egg. I like making this breakfast boat because I can make different variations just by changing the stuffings and toppings. This breakfast is very filling, I guarantee you, this will keep you going and going. It’s a great breakfast for a busy day, this will surely have your back covered from being hungry before lunch.
Another good thing about this recipe is this is very flexible. You are not restricted to follow all the measurements. You can adjust it to your preference, add more or less toppings as you like. This will bring out your creativeness and will make breakfast something to look forward to. Let’s get started!
- 1 Baguette (about 6 inch long)
- 1 Sausage
- 1 Large Egg – beaten
- 8 slices Pickled Jalapeno (more or less)
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese
- Prepare the Bread Boat: Take a baguette and using a sharp knife cut around the inner edges. Scoop out the bread set aside for later. You should end up with a bread boat where you can add filling in the center.
- Soak the Bread: Beat the egg then add salt and pepper (or any other spice you are using). Dip the bread that you took out from step 1. Set aside.
- Fill the Bread: Place the baguette on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Fill the center with hotdog, sliced jalapeno and half of the shredded cheese. Cover the top with the bread soaked in beaten egg, sliced jalapeno and sprinkle more shredded cheese on top, cayenne pepper and dried parsley.
- Alternatively, you can also use other filling/herbs/spices like ham, sauteed mushroom, spinach , dried basil, black pepper, red chili flakes etc. Almost any kind of filling will work.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese melts
Serves 1 – 2
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Quinoa Mushroom Egg Breakfast Bowl
- Jalapeno and Cheese Crescent Hot Dog
- Bite Size Pigs in a Blanket
- Homemade Apple Danish
- Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Baked Mushroom Omelette For Two
- Potato and Cheddar Scones
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Love your blog, I love cooking and baking 💖
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks! Baking and Cooking is such a relaxing activity. You have a very inspiring blog yourself, very inspirational.
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 2 people