Eating healthy delicious breakfast shouldn’t be difficult, right? But it seems that that is not the case, a lot of people skip breakfast because sometimes busy days has its own way of kicking us out of the house even before we eat our breakfast. For days like these, instead of rushing out without having breakfast, think of something easily to prepare, something that you can make at night and be ready in the morning even before you are ready to leave, like this Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl.
This mashed Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl is one of my quick breakfast item, sometimes I even pack this to go so that I can eat it at work. It is so easy and so convenient.
Make-Ahead Mashed Sweet Potato Bowl
So how do you make this in advance? At night, boil the sweet potato, mash it and transfer it in a container with cover. In the morning, all you have to do is to add toppings that you like. Banana is always available all year round and so this is always my option. I add fresh berries when they are in season, and some nuts to give crunch. A drizzle of honey and I’m good to go and start my morning. Give it a try.
10 Benefits of Sweet Potato
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Low Glycemic
- Fat free and full of fiber
- Good for the Skin
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (or 2 medium)
- 1/2 Banana
- Assorted Fruits (Blueberry, Raspberry etc)
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- 5 cups Water ( for boiling the potato)
- Cook the Sweet Potato: Bring the water to a boil then add sweet potato. Boil for 20 – 25 minutes until soft. Prick with a fork or knife to check if done. If the knife went through the sweet potato easily, then it is good. Make sure to have really soft potato for easy mashing.
- Mash the Sweet Potato: Let cool until manageable to handle. Remove the skin and cut the potato into small pieces. Transfer in a bowl and mash. You can use a fork or a potato ricer. Mash the potato to your liking, smooth or with chucks. If you like it sweeter, you can add a sweetener at this stage. brown sugar, honey or maple syrup. I like mine without any sweetener.
- Serve: Transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with desired fruits. Serve with honey of maple syrup on the side.
- Single Serve Coconut Mango Oatmeal
- Single Serving Hot Chocolate Oatmeal
- Single Serving Banana & Chia Seed Oatmeal
- Single Serving Caramelized Banana Oatmeal
- Single Serving Pear Almond Crumble Oatmeal
- Single Serving Blueberry Banana Oatmeal
- Single Serving Strawberry Crisp Oatmeal
My Latest Video
This time around I am sharing with you the recent recipe that I updated, Peach and Mango Crisp. Fresh and sweet Peach and Mango topped with crunchy crisp topping and baked until bubbling, I cannot get enough of this Peach and Mango Crisp. Check it out. GET THE FULL RECIPE.
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my videos and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.