This Chicken Pesto Pasta with Sundried Tomato is a great option for quick and easy meal. A simple pasta dish loaded with chunks of chicken, sliced sundried tomato that has been coated with homemade fresh Spinach Pesto. A simple meal idea that you can make in 30 minutes, or maybe less.
This post is my first main dish post for my Spicy section. For the past 7 months , I had been posting mostly sweet stuff from my baking activities. I totally neglect my Spicy section, but not intentionally. I want to have my Sweet section settled first before I start my Spicy section. I think I am pretty much settled in my Sweet section, so it’s time for me to give my Spicy section the attention it deserve. After all, my blog was named Sweet & Spicy for a reason.
I am kicking off my Spicy section with this sun-dried Tomato and Chicken Fettuccine Pesto. The main ingredients for this post are mostly homemade, I’m referring to the fettuccine Pasta and Spinach Pesto. This recipe is my favorite recipe when using Pesto.
Homemade ingredients really makes a lot of difference. The Pasta and Pesto taste more fresh, the Pesto is not too oily. This recipe is so simple to make, even more if you decide to use store-bought pasta and pesto. If you have time, at least for the Spinach Pesto, make it. It’s very easy and it’s worth it. Let’s get started!
Easy Homemade Spinach Pesto
Pesto is a thick sauce (almost like a paste) usually made by blending garlic, pine nuts, coarse salt, basil leaves, cheese and olive oil. It can used for pasta, for salad as well as for flatbread and pizza too.
Making pesto sauce at home is not as easy as it sounds. As long as you have a food chopper, blender or food processor, you can make your own pesto at home. Sadly, it is going to be difficult to make this manually as you want everything to be almost like a paste consistency. I like to use Spinach when making pesto, but you can go with a more traditional recipe using Basil or perhaps a combination of both. Making pesto is basically just blending everything together until the mixture turns into a paste like consistency. Once done, simply transfer it in an airtight container and pour more oil to cover the top.
- 125g Fettuccine Pasta Pasta
- 1 large boneless Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomato in oil – sliced. I used Splendido brand
- 2 tablespoon Sundried Tomato Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Clove Garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup Pesto (Homemade or Store-Bought)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chile Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese – grated
- Cook the pasta as per package instruction.
- Cook the Chicken: Add sundried tomato oil, garlic and chicken in a heated pan. Saute until chicken is fully cooked. Add sliced sun-dried tomato, salt and peppers and cook for 2 more minutes. Turn-off the heat and add the pesto sauce and cooked pasta. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve: Transfer in a serving bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
- Spinach Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Mushroom and Spinach Potato Gnocchi
- Asparagus and Pesto Chicken
- Spinach Pesto
- Pesto Rice
- Tomato and Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Pesto and Sundried Tomato Pizza
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA