Nice subtle pumpkin flavor and nice tangy cream cheese swirl on top made this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread so irresistibly delicious not to mention, extremely attractive. Every slice is inviting, so I say why not give in, make this and enjoy every bite of this delicious pumpkin bread.
Hi Guys! This week I am sharing with you another one of my fall favorite recipe, this irresistible and delicious and if I may say “The BEST” Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread that you will ever make and taste. This alone is a good reason to welcome Fall. I know we all love Summer but Fall is here and why not welcome it with open arms, along with this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread.
What to Like About Fall
- Fall is the time to cozy up in my sofa with my warm delicious Pumpkin Oatmeal while watching my favorite show in Netflix
- Fall is the opportunity to make delicious soup
- Fall colors are mesmerizing beautiful, perfect for photography and
- Fall and warm oatmeal, oh bring it on 🙂
- Fall baking is awesome, talk about pies
- When I list this down, it’s not that bad at all so shall we all welcome Fall now with this delicious Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread?
Why I Love this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread
- Ultra moist and soft. You can tell as soon as you start slicing it. Yes, just by slicing, tell me if I’m wrong
- Nice right amount of flavor, nothing too overwhelming specially for people who do not like strong fall spice flavor
- It’s super easy to make
- Great recipe for anyone who hasn’t done any baking
- Last but not the least, it taste absolutely amazing! Forget the store-bought loaf, this is 100% better than that, trust me 🙂
I am so proud of this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread, I love it so much that on the first time I made it I kept the entire bread to myself. Not that I ate the whole thing in one sitting, but for me to keep the whole bread and eat it almost everyday is a big deal for me. I enjoyed every slice of this bread and I will do it again without any hesitation. But because I wanted to share how good it was, I made it again and shared it with my friends and I’m happy to report that they love it as much as I do. I hope that you will too, in case you try it.
What’s the Difference Between Pumpkin Pie Filling and Pumpkin Purée?
Pumpkin Pie Filling already have the fall spices (nutmeg, cinnamon etc) so You don’t really need to add more to get the flavor. It has a subtle flavor, which I personally prefer. You can always add more fall spices if You want the flavor to be stronger. Pumpkin Purée on the other hand is just a puree without the spices added, You can even make your own by simply boiling or Pumpkin and pureeing it in a blender. When You use Pumpkin Puree , You have to had Fall spices. I find that the Pumpkin Pie Filling is the better option because I do not keep stock of most of Fall spices, this way I don’t have to buy it and just let it sitting in my storage. I did not test this using Pumpkin purée, so I cannot give you the measurement of how much Fall spices you should add. In case you do, let me know and I would be happy to mention it in this post.
What are the Ingredients to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread?
- All Purpose Flour – Perfect kind of flour for quick bread like this
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda – to give nice lift and height to the bread.
- Salt – it is always nice to add salt to bread for additional taste
- Sugar – for sweetness and moisture
- Pumpkin Pie Filling – for pumpkin flavor. It also helps make the bread moist
- Vanilla Extract – for flavoring, totally optional.
- Milk – The batter is going to be thick and heavy, and an addition of milk will make it lighter
- Oil – for extra moisture, it also keeps the bread soft
- Egg – for texture and structure of bread
- Cream Cheese – for the cream cheese swirl on top
How Do You Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread?
This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread is a quick bread, which means it is really quick to make.
- Make the Cream Cheese Mixture: Mix the softened cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. It is very important to use a softened cream cheese so that it mix easily. Simply take out the cream cheese from the refrigerator and leave it on the counter for 1 hour. For the egg, beat one egg and then measure 2 tablespoon from it. It is a amount of egg, but even that small amount is important as it helps the cream cheese to set properly.
- Work on the wet ingredients. Cream the granulated sugar and egg, this process helps produce a soft bread as the creaming incorporates air into the mixture. You want to get to the point wherein the mixture turned into pale yellow color and very smooth and fluid. It took me about 7 minutes to get to this stage, be patient even if if takes more than 7 minutes. To the creamed mixture, add the pumpkin pie filling, brown sugar, oil, egg, milk then just mix to combine.
- Next, move on to the dry ingredients. Sift together flour baking powder, baking soda and salt. Once those two steps are done, add the dry ingredients onto the wet ingredients and gently mix until distributed, again, do not over mix please.
- Pour in the Pan: I used a 7-inch loaf pan, anything bigger than this will give a shorter bread, I wouldn’t advise using a 8 or 9-inch pan for this. Transfer 3/4 of the batter in the parchment line baking pan, then spread 3/4 of the cream cheese frosting on top. Scatter the remaining 1/4 of bread batter and 1/4 of cream cheese on top. Run a pointed object (like toothpick, chopstick, knife) in a swirl movement to create the swirl pattern on top.
- 1 Egg – room temperature
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1/4 cup Flavorless Oil
- 3 tablespoon Full Fat Milk
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 8 oz Plain Cream Cheese (in the box)
- 2 tablespoon Egg ( Beat 1 egg and take 2 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoon granulated Sugar
Note: If you want a less cream cheese filling, use only 1/2 of the ingredients. The one in the photo, uses 1/2 cream cheese filling while the one in the video I used double the cream chese filling to be able to show both options
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Spray with oil and line a loaf pan (7-inch) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the Cream Cheese Filling: In a bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and egg. Set aside
- Wet Ingredients: Cream the granulated sugar and egg until pale in color, about 7 minutes. Add the egg, pumpkin pie filling, oil and milk and mix until just combined.
- Dry Ingredients:Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Dry Ingredients + Wet Ingredients: Mix until fully combined. Stop as soon as no more visible flour, do NOT over mix to avoid getting a tough bread.
- Transfer 1/2 of the batter in prepared pan. Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese filling on top. Use a pointed object like a knife to make the swirl. Spread the remaining 1/2 batter the spread the remaining 1/2 of the cream cheese filling. Again, use a knife to create the swirl pattern. Run the knife on top on a swirl movement.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting to allow the bread to relax. This will give a better texture.
Makes 1 loaf (7 inch pan)
My Latest Video
- Pumpkin & Raisins Buttermilk Biscuit
- Pumpkin Cornmeal Mini Muffins
- Pumpkin Soda Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Pancake
- Pumpkin Blueberry Muffin
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Honey Pumpkin Bread Rolls
- 10 Fall Favorite Recipes
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Ingredient Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Smoothie
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA