This Mini Caramel Apple Tart is the way to go. Yes, they are small but trust me when I say they are packed with deliciousness in every bite. It is literally a bite size Apple Tart baked in mini muffin tin, with a base Homemade Pie Crust, filled with Homemade Apple Filling, topped with toasted pecans and drizzled with Homemade Caramel Sauce. How does that sound to you?
No matter how much I love summer, there’s no denying that summer is over. The air is getting chilly in the morning, the color of the leaves are changing, pumpkin latte is out in the stores and I can smell apple pie in the air. If I look at it that way, then maybe Fall is not bad thing after all.
Fall baking is a totally different game for me. Although I can bake anything I like whenever I want to, I often like baking pastries that are perfect for the season. Fall means plenty of pie in the menu, the likes of apple pie or pumpkin pie, a month or more of pumpkin and apple recipes, and plenty of warm soup to keep us warm. Fall is a cozy lazy delicious season.
I am not a big fan of pumpkin pie, so that would not be in my to do list. I can tolerate apple pie but in moderation, so that will appear on my list. Although it has to be on my terms, the way I like it. What does that mean? That means more crust, less apple filling and no cinnamon please. I cannot eat an entire slice of apple pie primarily because it has too much filling and I find it too overwhelming. I don’t want to deprive myself from having them, so I made this bite size version instead as a tart. Let us talk about the 3 main parts of this recipe which are all homemade ingredients.
The Pie Crust
I used my Homemade Pie Crust, but a store-bought will work as fine too. My homemade Pie Crust is simple and easy to make, and it produces a buttery, creamy and flaky crust.
The Cinnamon Apple Pie Filling
This Homemade Apple Filling is so easy to make. It is great for more than just a pie filling. You can use it for tarts like this one, or use it for making Apple Turnover, Apple Muffin, Apple Cinnamon Roll or even as a topping for toast and oatmeal. So you do not have to worry of any leftover, there is plenty of ways to use it.
The Caramel Sauce
Homemade again 🙂 Look at this Salted Caramel Sauce! Why would you not fall in love with this thick and creamy caramel sauce? It is super easy to make and can be used in lot of ways too. Use this for tarts, for pancakes, for Apple dips, for ice cream and sundae or for crepes
You can make these 3 main ingredients ahead of time, which is how I always do it. It saves a lot of time, and makes the process really quick. You can freeze the pie crust dough while molded in the muffin tin, and for the apple filling and caramel sauce, simply refrigerate it.
Yes, but size apple dessert are the perfect way to enjoy it. Just the right apple filling for the size of the crust, perfect harmony and balance. This mini caramel apple tarts are very addictive! It has a buttery and flaky crust, with the slight caramel flavor, subtle taste of homemade apple filling and a bit of crunch and texture from toasted pecans. Try it, you may not even want to go back to traditional apple tarts once you try this. Let’s get started!
- Pie Crust (Homemade or Store-Bought)
- Cinnamon Apple Filling
- 1/4 cup pecans – chopped and toasted
- 3 tbsp Salted Caramel Sauce (Store-bought will work too)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C
- Roll the Pie Crust: On a lightly floured surface, roll the pie dough out into a 12-inch circle. Using a 2 1/4-inch cookie cutter (or glass), cut out 12 circles from the dough. Place each piece of dough in each muffin cavity of a 12-count mini muffin pan, making sure each piece comes up the sides just a little bit (you may need to stretch the dough just a bit).
- Add the Filling: Evenly distribute the filling (about 1 full tsp) between all 12 muffin cavities, making sure the apple pie filling does not come up over the edges of the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25-30 minutes or until the filling is set and the pie crust has turned brown. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the pies from the mini muffin pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 13 pieces
If you like this post, you might also like my Mini Pecan Pie. They are as mini as this, as delicious as this, and as addictive as this. Here’s a sneak peek oh how it looks like. What do you think, yummy?
My Latest Video
- (VIDEO) Cinnamon Glazed Apple Turnover
- Baked Apple with Walnuts
- Mini Caramel Apple Tarts
- (VIDEO) Homemade Apple Filling
- Caramel Apple Crumb Bars
- Small Batch Apple Cinnamon Roll (Makes 4), BEST Ever!
- [VIDEO] Small Batch Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins (Makes 4)
- Apple Hand Pie
- [VIDEO] 5 Ingredients Pie Crust Made Easy!
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA