Smooth, creamy and naturally sweet Corn Soup is what you need to keep you warm in a cold weather . It super easy to make, in 15 minutes (or less) you have a comforting delicious bowl of homemade soup. Ditch the canned soup or powdered soup and start making your own
Corn Soup is probably one of those soup that have a naturally sweet taste even without adding any sugar in it. If you like soup like this, you’ll definitely fall in love with this Cream of Corn Soup. You’ll find it online as Japanese Corn Soup or just plan Corn Soup, bottom line, it’s basically corn plus broth, milk an spices.
Ingredients for Cream of Corn Soup
- Corn – I used cream style corn. You can find this in grocery, and I would recommend using the cream style rather than the whole pieces because cream style makes the soup creamier.
- Broth – I used homemade vegetable broth, you can use chicken or water. Broth adds a deeper flavor as compare to using water
- Milk – if you want to keep it vegan, you can skip this and Use more broth or water instead
- Butter – Salted and unsalted works fine simply adjust the salt measurement in the recipe. If you want to make it vegan, simply replace it with vegan margarine or butter, or just use any flavorless oil
- Onion – for milder taste, use either white or yellow onion. Do not use red onion as it has a very strong taste.
- Salt and Pepper – add gradually to adjust to your preference.
How to Make Cream of Corn Soup?
Start by sautéing the onion in butter until translucent. Add flour and mix to combine. The flour will serve as thickener for the soup. Some recipe do not use onion, but I find it gives a nice taste to the soup. After this, simply add cream of corn, broth, milk, salt and pepper. Summer for 5 minutes while stirring from time to time. The consistency will get thicker. At this point, if you like a chunky soup with bits and pieces of corn, you can stop at this stage. If you want it creamy, transfer it in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You can also use an immersion blender if you have one. I like to return it back to the pan to summer addition al 1 minute, its also a good chance to season it if needed. That’s about it. Serve with with croutons on top of serve it as is.
Can I Make Cream of Corn Soup Vegan?
Yes you can. Simply replace regular milk with vegan milk that has a neutral taste. Almond or Soy milk will work, coconut milk could probably have some minor change in taste.
Can I Use Fresh Corn to Make Cream of Corn Soup?
Technically you can, but it will not be as creamy. The cream liquid in cream of corn adds a lot of creaminess and smooth texture to the soup. If you are ok with that, then feel free to use cooked fresh corn. Shred the corn before using.
- 1 Can Cream of Corn (387 ml)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup White Onion – chopped
- 1/2 cup Broth
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Make the Soup: In a heated pan, add butter and onion. Sauté until translucent, then add 1 tbsp flour. Mix to combine. Gradually pour milk while continuously stirring to avoid lumps. Pour cream of corn and broth. Add salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Transfer in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can also use an immersion blender. Return the mixture in the pan, cooked for another minute. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk or broth as desired. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve: Transfer in a bowl and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top (optional)
Make It Vegan
To make this vegan, simply replace the dairy milk with plant based milk or use more broth instead of milk.
Nutritional Information was calculated using Veryfitwell Recipe Calorie and Nutrition Calculator. For details about Nutrition Information in this website, please read the Nutrition Disclaimer page.
Nutritional Information was calculated without bread
Soup Inspiration Videos:
Here are few more soup to keep you warm. Check them out!
- Homemade Soft Bread Bowl
- [VIDEO] Creamy Potato & Shrimp Chowder
- Small Batch Baked Beef & Hotdog Chili Stew
- Small Batch Minestrone Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Small Batch Mexican Chili
- Asparagus Soup for Two
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup For Two
- Cream of Mushroom Soup For Two
- Chicken Vermicelli Soup
- Chicken Macaroni Soup (Sopas)
- 25 Soup Recipes to Keep You Warm
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Cooking, Soup, Uncategorized
Yum! Looks delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person